corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » eps help !

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eps help !
red_12v

User status: Offline
7th Apr 04 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all

got a prob now with the elec power steering, it goes a bit tight when turning right when cold !

feels like something binding then it goes ok again.

dont think i can get any parts for it separately ( torque sensors etc )

is it much more difficult to change than a normal corsa b column ( haynes says dealer only )

anyone got any tips or advice ? would be much appreciated

greengoddess

7th Apr 04 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the same problem , mine is on a corsa b 1.0l.I posted this a while back and someone said that when it happened to them they had to get a new rack and steering column Have left mine alone til i can find funds
bubble

7th Apr 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by greengoddess
I have the same problem , mine is on a corsa b 1.0l.I posted this a while back and someone said that when it happened to them they had to get a new rack and steering column Have left mine alone til i can find funds

depending on your chassis there is a 6yr 60k warranty on the corsa b.
corsa c suffer from eps ecu failing causing heavy turning intermittantly
corsa-sxi

7th Apr 04 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do u mean eps ecu, my power steering has got heavier so is it the column, rack or the ecu causing it or all of them? how long to take to fix and are parts on back order?
TOMAS

8th Apr 04 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ has it got heavier since lowering it?
MikeH

8th Apr 04 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there was a product recall on a sensor for the EPS, it made steering heavier intermittantly.
corsa-sxi

8th Apr 04 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats intermittantly mean? it was heavier throughout last night, whereas last week it was light as a feather, what could be wrong? steering rack? column, or the ECU?
TOMAS

8th Apr 04 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its got heavy its a fault with the power assistance (EPS unit in the column). Intermittantly means on/off, like sometimes its heavy then its not.

Daft question but are your tyres at correct pressure, you havent had it lowered recently have you, as this makes the steering heavier.
corsa-sxi

8th Apr 04 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i havent had it lowered, pressures are correct, and also the steering wheel likes to point to the left, ie the wheel doesnt return straight but points to the left
TOMAS

8th Apr 04 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pointing to the left sounds like a tracking/allignment issue. Youve not bumped a wheel quite had have you as this could of bent a trackrod slightly causing the left pointing. If your motor is under 3 years old then I'd nip it to Vaux as it will be under warranty.
corsa-sxi

8th Apr 04 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm dunno the tracking is perfect, i had an accident from being hit from the back, but that shudnt be causing the front to have problems cpuld it be the steerin rack? also i have 17's so will they void insurance or shall i say that its a common prob so they shud sort it out
TOMAS

8th Apr 04 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah if you can, stick your steels back on, if not TRY and get away with the 17's as I know Vauxhall do have the option of 17's fitted to Corsa C's but their could be a bit of polite arguing to do Oh and if your lowered TRY and stick your standard stuff back on as they HATE this!
red_12v

9th Apr 04 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it worth me trying a second hand eps ecu ? or is the fault gonna be in the column ( think £500+ from vaux )

and has anyone took an eps column out ? is there much more to it ? haynes manual no help with eps column , says refer to dealer etc...

bubble

9th Apr 04 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by red_12v
is it worth me trying a second hand eps ecu ? or is the fault gonna be in the column ( think £500+ from vaux )

and has anyone took an eps column out ? is there much more to it ? haynes manual no help with eps column , says refer to dealer etc...

see above answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » eps help ! 23 database queries in 0.0108612 seconds