corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Honda Civic Type-R's are OFFICIALLY S**T

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Honda Civic Type-R's are OFFICIALLY S**T
nik

User status: Offline
1st Apr 04 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fancy a race?
Marc

1st Apr 04 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your in your Type-R then sure!!
Ojc

1st Apr 04 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SideShowBob
Okay, for a NA 2.0l engine, they dont have low torque.
VTEC offers a lot of power, but also provides good fuel economy when driven normally, so I cant see how that can be a bad thing, especially if you look at the costs of a turbo'd engine with regards maintanence and fuel consumption.

Some people are too wank to drive them properly, and so slate them, but thats a fault of the driver, nothing else.

What hot hatch at this price new gives comparitive performance figures? not many I can think of, so off the line, 0-60 etc is very good for its price etc.

And that idiot with the Nova that apparently can afford any car of anyone on here, lol, yeah, okay, like you'd drive a Nova if you could afford something decent, oh please, just how much of a loser would you need to be to do that?

I recon you're sprouting cr4p, and are just trying to justify your dislike of a car you've never driven by pretending you could afford one but dont want one, we're not fooled, as if your DSS would stretch to anything decent

CTR is a good value hatch, cant see a prob with its performance or handling, and for the same moeny new, its difficult to come up with any real argument as to what lets it down.

[Edited on 01-04-2004 by SideShowBob]

You twat, if I wanted a Type-R I would have one. If I wanted a Astra GSi I would have one.

Do you know me? No! So I suggest you shut up.

At the end of the day CTR's are owned by ex-Saxo drivers with little willys that know nothing and believe there car is invicible.
nik

1st Apr 04 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by SideShowBob
Okay, for a NA 2.0l engine, they dont have low torque.
VTEC offers a lot of power, but also provides good fuel economy when driven normally, so I cant see how that can be a bad thing, especially if you look at the costs of a turbo'd engine with regards maintanence and fuel consumption.

Some people are too wank to drive them properly, and so slate them, but thats a fault of the driver, nothing else.

What hot hatch at this price new gives comparitive performance figures? not many I can think of, so off the line, 0-60 etc is very good for its price etc.

And that idiot with the Nova that apparently can afford any car of anyone on here, lol, yeah, okay, like you'd drive a Nova if you could afford something decent, oh please, just how much of a loser would you need to be to do that?

I recon you're sprouting cr4p, and are just trying to justify your dislike of a car you've never driven by pretending you could afford one but dont want one, we're not fooled, as if your DSS would stretch to anything decent

CTR is a good value hatch, cant see a prob with its performance or handling, and for the same moeny new, its difficult to come up with any real argument as to what lets it down.

[Edited on 01-04-2004 by SideShowBob]

You twat, if I wanted a Type-R I would have one. If I wanted a Astra GSi I would have one.

Do you know me? No! So I suggest you shut up.

At the end of the day CTR's are owned by ex-Saxo drivers with little willys that know nothing and believe there car is invicible.

same as the corsa/nova thang then
vibrio
Banned

1st Apr 04 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Vtec
Its not as easy as just saying, right, lets drop it to 3k rpm and have more power..
The VTEC changover point is where the standard cams make less power than the VTEC cam..
You can probably lower it 200-300 rpm, because there is usually a small dip in power just before VTEC engagement..
If you drop it too much you will make LESS power on the high cam than the low cam..

What your mods are will effect when is the best time for VTEC engagement, basically you do a run on low cam, and one on high, where the two graphs cross (where both cams are making the same power) is the best point for VTEC.

On my Prelude for example, standard was 5100, I dropped it to 4700, as thats where the high cams started making more power than the low cam.
Smooths the VTEC 'kick' thou

you need it mapped as well
Keith Piper

1st Apr 04 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In a weeks time, I've gotta race one in me 1.4 at Snetterton
Ojc

1st Apr 04 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be close
Nath

1st Apr 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
well said, it's a decent enough car for the money. Torque isn't great no but drive it properly and that really doesn't come into play. I like the way people slate something when they drive a corsa/nova etc

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? So because the majority of us drive corsa's we cannot comment? What a load of shite.
sperminator

1st Apr 04 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welli drive a corsa sport its shit slow, and i went in a mates civic type R and its mint, my opinion Honda Vs Vauxhall ill go for the Honda anyday. ppl do ova rate it but...
Russ

1st Apr 04 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this whole thread is pointless, peopel who drive fukin corsa's taking piss out of a Type-R,

OVER-RATED? fukin idiots, when ur mom sells her corsa u drive, get her to buy 1 of these and fukin have a go.

so many thick cunts on here
Nath

1st Apr 04 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shut up tosser. I can make judgement on any car.........even if i do drive a corsa.

Twat!
Nath

1st Apr 04 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sperminator
welli drive a corsa sport its shit slow, and i went in a mates civic type R and its mint, my opinion Honda Vs Vauxhall ill go for the Honda anyday. ppl do ova rate it but...

Its not Vaux Vs honda though mate.....have u even read the other 3 pages? Just people sharing their opinions on the CTR.
blackula

1st Apr 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been leasing one, as the missus uses the Corsa, although red's the worst colour. Not keen on the slab sided styling, but thats the trend.

As for fast, fuck yeash, and I owned a 300 bhp moderately tweaked cossie and a Dodge Charger in past, so I have a general idea what fast is.

All the people seem to think the 172 is quicker, well maybe, but not when i'm firing the R off the handbrake. I'm sure most people are scared to rev them too, or not sure how VTEC works.

The vtec system was originally designed for motorbikes by Honda and was called REV, but back then, deemed to scary and went out of vogue like turbo motorbikes, anyone who rode the GPZ turbo will know how dodgy they are.

Russ

1st Apr 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wasn't aimed at u nath..

but if you seriously think CTR's are crap..

sperminator

1st Apr 04 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eh well if ppl who own hondas are like that well...
Nath

1st Apr 04 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RussSxi
wasn't aimed at u nath..

but if you seriously think CTR's are crap..

Fair enough........also i never said anywhere that they are crap.

I just dont see why people cant take other peoples opinions. I think they are decent enough cars and for the money they are great. Still i believe that they arent flawless though.
sxi boy

1st Apr 04 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
this whole thread is pointless, peopel who drive fukin corsa's taking piss out of a Type-R,

OVER-RATED? fukin idiots, when ur mom sells her corsa u drive, get her to buy 1 of these and fukin have a go.

sperminator

1st Apr 04 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol no i havnt read the other pages, but i do love my corsa
Nath

1st Apr 04 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I own a corsa becuase when i was 18 i couldnt insure a CTR funnily enough. Still my opinion is invalid as i drive a 'lesser' car.

blackula

1st Apr 04 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another interesting fact...

Honda, have never had a warranty claim on a vtec motor since they came out. You gotta give that to the honda engine build quality and design.

Russ

1st Apr 04 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not saying that you cant have an opinion, but would you say, if my opinion that Corsa's have shit build quality compared to french cars for example is a sensible opinion
Nath

1st Apr 04 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
not saying that you cant have an opinion, but would you say, if my opinion that Corsa's have shit build quality compared to french cars for example is a sensible opinion

Depends on your experiences i suppose. There is no proof to back your statement up i wouldnt have thought. There is also no proof that CTR's are 'shit'

All a matter of personal experience and opinion. I have my opinons but as they say you should never judge a book by its cover. Until i drive one i will not give a detailed opinion. For now i'm saying they seem good for the cash
Russ

1st Apr 04 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

russ hands Nath a fiver

good lad
Nath

1st Apr 04 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
russ hands Nath a fiver

good lad

big eck

1st Apr 04 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I've raced a few type R's and for just shy of 200 brake they are shit slow considering the power there putting out, from a standing start right up to max speed I would keep in front of one no probs and i've proved this in the past.

[Edited on 01-04-2004 by big eck]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Honda Civic Type-R's are OFFICIALLY S**T 22 database queries in 0.0137851 seconds