corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MoT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MoT
MrG

User status: Offline
30th Mar 04 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took my car into my local vauxhall dealer this morning for an MOT is passed on everything except my nice custom made exhaust the fcukers turn round and said it was to loud , so i took my car back to the shop that made me exhaust they turned round and told me that there was no law on how loud the exhaust can be, so they sent me to another MOT station and the car passed no problem and as an added insult bloody vauxhall dealer damaged me car as well.
leafgreencorsa

30th Mar 04 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found this in the MOT test regulations. Look at part b. Actually says the test is subjective ie it's down to what the tester will accept.

" ...7.1 Exhaust System Information Method of Inspection Reason for rejection 1. Examine the condition of the whole exhaust system,...
...a. check the exhaust system for leaks Note: A durable repair to an exhaust system which effectively prevents leaks is acceptable providing the system...
...b. assess subjectively the effectiveness of the silencer in reducing exhaust noise to a level considered to be average for the vehicle. 1. a. A...
85% Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:10:31 GMT http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_710.htm"

Annoying that you end up paying for two tests!
MrG

30th Mar 04 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh well thanks for finding that mate

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MoT 22 database queries in 0.0115969 seconds