corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone that likes old Beetles.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone that likes old Beetles.
Tiger

User status: Offline
30th Mar 04 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?s=80335485f6e83db14f6c9e0a4f651a26&threadid=81912

Youll have to click the link coz for some stupid reason i cant find out the hyperlink to the pictures.......Im not trying to sell it for him - i just thought it would be interesting to show people coz i think its a bargain!

For Sale a '66 Sea blue Beetle, 1300cc Tax'd till August MOT'd till July, Very original and solid underneath, Wings are a bit tatty and dented but comes with 3 new wings already sprayed up and ready to be fixed on, even comes with wing fixing kits, also comes with 2 brand new still boxed German running boards, interior is tatty but complete, comes with stereo and speaker box, runs very well but accelerator cable keeps snagging (new one supplied and possibly fitted if I have time!), other new parts supplied include an aerial and horn grilles, has also recently had a new carb fitted. Sorry to be selling as only bought her a few months ago but house move forces sale. £1200 as is or £1450 with a set of BRMs with all nuts, centre caps and tyres.

Ben.

Greg_M

30th Mar 04 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not that cheep, i wouldnt pay £1200 for it when you can get hold og one in mint condition for that price. mine cost me £350

[Edited on 30-03-2004 by Greg12v]
Tiger

30th Mar 04 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd have a job picking up a '66 for much less than that - especially 1450 inc BRM's

If you know where you can find me a '66 in mint condition for a lot less than that then theres some money in it for you too.
danregs

31st Mar 04 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine cost me 150 quid

been unbolting the bodyshell from the chassis today!

tomorrow is lifting off the bodyshell time!!!!

hang on isnt this a corsa forum?

ah well!

if any1 wants to see pics of my beetle then look in me garage!

either of u guys go to volksworld show in esher at the weekend? i did! it was fookin ace!!!!
Tiger

31st Mar 04 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt go - im in Aussie at the minute but when i get back im after something to tinker around with. I got my sisters beetle up and running before i left for here last year.

Are you a member of www.volkszone.com?
danregs

31st Mar 04 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no but i need to be cos i'm new to the beetle scene. is volkszone a beetle forum yeh?
Tiger

31st Mar 04 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah - its bloody good too - i learnt so much off there. They are really good at answering tech questions too and can give you loads of advice. Ive been a member there since last year but with me being here ive not used it too much.

Youve done a really nice job on the engine - is it a recon, exchange or the original?
danregs

31st Mar 04 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks!

ummm well i took the engine out of a 1303S. its a 1600. i stripped it right down as far as u can. right down the crank and then put on all new bearings. had to replace the pistons and heads. used the old conrods tho and all the old running gear like cam and rockers, etc cos they were all good. i cleaned evrything up and replaced anything that was too far gone like oil pump and some other stuff. painted up the block and put all chrome tinware on it

gonna put the engine in the white 1302 in my garage which is at the mo a 1300cc. its a 1970 too so is tax exempt

[Edited on 31-03-2004 by danregs]

[Edited on 31-03-2004 by danregs]
Tiger

31st Mar 04 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much it all cost in the end? Those engines are so bloody good and easy to strip / take out etc....thats what i love about them so much!

Im after a '63-'67 when i get back, something maybe without an engine then im gonna get in a pearly white with a 1600 ready for dropping in then get a nice street look to it. nothing over the top - just subtle.

[Edited on 31-03-2004 by Tiger]
danregs

31st Mar 04 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with the cost of buying the 1303S which i took the 1600 out of, it all came to bout 750 which is pretty good wouldnt u say?

yeh i just wanna do a nice subtle cal look i think

blade bumpers and gonna try do a conversion to sloping front headlights too
Tiger

31st Mar 04 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the old style wings definitly have a more stylish feel to them - i just want something with really clean lines and a nice easy to look at, uncluttered kinda theme going on. It will be mine

Are you running 1600 gearing or the original 1300 because i think the final drives are different and your 1600 might not reach full speed on the 1300 box.
danregs

31st Mar 04 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i've been wanting to find out about this. i was thinking that the final drive must be diff. but like i said i'll be removing the bodyshell 2mo so will give me a chance to get the box off the 1303S and whack it onto the 1302 - i presume it will fit!

i was thinkin of this as the kinda look i wanna go for....

what u think mate?
Tiger

31st Mar 04 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a nice example - thats what im after - or something similar but in pearl white. I like the body coloured running boards too. Think i will get some different wheels though. I quite like the stuff that BRM do.

As for the box - yeah it will fir...they didnt change the size or mountings of the box, just the gearings inside.

My sisters is running a 1600 engine and what i beleive is a 1200 box.....ive not been able to check as yet but i know its out of puff at about 70mph and from the way it pulls it should be more than capable of more (not that it would be comfortable!)
danregs

31st Mar 04 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm i'm tempted to leave the 1300 box in just for acceleration!

but a low top speed would be a bit of a downer

i've just bought a new floorpan and wings all round and i also need to get a new front and rear apron.

been buyin all my panels from GSF. you know them?

its just they are well cheap and i also get discount from them as i joined the Cornwall VW Owners Club a coupla weeks back
Tiger

31st Mar 04 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what im after - pretty much on the spot.

GSF are really reliable and good....my sister got a lot of her parts from them and i probably will too.
danregs

31st Mar 04 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i was figurin that it was prob a silly question to ask you if u knew of GSF!! lol

thats the same colour that my beetle is in at the mo! but i wanna respray it a nice metallic blue/purple

you can have my paint if u like - i'll scrape it off for ya
danregs

31st Mar 04 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps. i just signed up on volkszone
Tiger

31st Mar 04 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My names Tiger on Volkszone - the same as it is on here.

The colour on the car above is pearlescent. Im going for something the same style but with my own personal touches painted in L74 (the colour that Herbie was but without the graphics)

Maybe when i can afford to more ill drop a street stock lump in and go for a mover.

There was a beetle in volksworld mag (march) that ran a 1/4 in 10.88secs!Watch that dust lambo's, ferrari's, dodge's ha ha..........
danregs

31st Mar 04 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol zoom zoom!

oh i didnt realise that car in the pic was pearlescent. cant really see it in the photo. i just posted up on volkszone but no1 has replied yet!
Tiger

31st Mar 04 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There an older bunch on there - takes em longer to respond

Im off to chill by the pool - its too hot to do anything else
danregs

31st Mar 04 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok well catch ya laters mate!

and cheers!
Tiger

31st Mar 04 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries.
danregs

31st Mar 04 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

greg12v hows ur beetle goin by the way mate?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone that likes old Beetles. 22 database queries in 0.0440531 seconds