corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Weedy Sound!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weedy Sound!
Corsa Wheels

User status: Offline
29th Mar 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More 1.4 16v Twin Port advice seeked please!!! Ive added a K&N cone filter to my Twin Port in a bid to add a bit more sound to my driving experience and fair play, it sounds good between 4-6k revs. When driving around town, the engine sounds really rather weedy! its got a really trickly sound (the 1.2 makes the same noise..) is this an exhaut issue? ive tried listening to the engine, and im sure it is the belts that make the noise. any way of beefing up the low speed noise at all? im not looking for a farty boy racer noise, just a bit more of a growl.
DangerousDave16v

29th Mar 04 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the note of your engine depends on the load on it, put 5 bags of cement in your boot if you want to go 10mph but sound good
L330wnz

29th Mar 04 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate put ya air box in and drill it, put a performance filter in (k&n, piperx, green) then it sounds beefy through-out the rev-range!! Mines a 1.6 sport and sounds like a scooby..
Corsa Wheels

29th Mar 04 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats wat a i want a nice flat four burble on a 1.4 corsa, righty ho, i will try drilling the box then! thanks!
broster
Premium Member

29th Mar 04 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

k&n filter will be louder!
luca2020

29th Mar 04 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what exhaust have u got on it?
Scandalous

29th Mar 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate I had the same prob.....had such a gay noise...I got an exhaust from powerflow and this noise has now gone, im gonna get my centre section done in a couple of weeks so will be alot louder then too, id recommend the same.
bubble

29th Mar 04 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa Wheels
More 1.4 16v Twin Port advice seeked please!!! Ive added a K&N cone filter to my Twin Port in a bid to add a bit more sound to my driving experience and fair play, it sounds good between 4-6k revs. When driving around town, the engine sounds really rather weedy! its got a really trickly sound (the 1.2 makes the same noise..) is this an exhaut issue? ive tried listening to the engine, and im sure it is the belts that make the noise. any way of beefing up the low speed noise at all? im not looking for a farty boy racer noise, just a bit more of a growl.

the noise you can hear is the timing chain going around.
Makarus

29th Mar 04 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exhaust will do it mate.

Thing is K&N's aren't made for sound, my 1.2 8v with K&N didnt sound all that good on its own but with a nice system it added a more deep tone to the exhaust.

You could pick up a back box for around £60 second hand.
Tidus

29th Mar 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my box drilled with just the standard air filter in at the moment, does a k&n filter really make that much difference?
M4tt

29th Mar 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the inlet manifold on the old XE 1.4 and 1.6 16v units that make em sound great.

the new twin port i suspect sounds the same as the 1.0 and 1.2 16v units.

can't make them sound like the 1.6 and 1.4 16v XE units.
Corsa Wheels

1st Apr 04 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the standard exhaust on at the moment, i think i might saveup and get something a bit beefier. the twinport 1.4 sounds exactly like the 1.0 and 1.2s. i waited ages to buy the new twin port cos i thought it might osund a bit beefier, but hey!

New Poll