corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » nitro astra RC car - any1 building it?.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author nitro astra RC car - any1 building it?.......
jr

User status: Offline
21st Mar 04 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats chassis do you use rob

used to race for yokomo in electric tc nationals
StuartVRS

21st Mar 04 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im doing the impreza at the moment, bored of it now. On week 25. Dont do it guys, just go out and buy one, i intend on building one soon. Jr, do me a deal matey, i wanna decent petrol one to build for a laugh and it gotta be quick
jr

21st Mar 04 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaCsxi
im doing the impreza at the moment, bored of it now. On week 25. Dont do it guys, just go out and buy one, i intend on building one soon. Jr, do me a deal matey, i wanna decent petrol one to build for a laugh and it gotta be quick

cause i can sort you out a deal, how much u wanna spend idealy, and i'll have a look for you
StuartVRS

21st Mar 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

cause i can sort you out a deal, how much u wanna spend idealy, and i'll have a look for you

just quote me on a good one mate, prob 300 quid ish? lemme know what ya can get.
Paul H

21st Mar 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was looking at it it's £1.99 for the first issue then £5.99 for the others works out at £299.50 plus you have to buy your remote control for it coz all you get is the car..rip off
jr

21st Mar 04 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

just quote me on a good one mate, prob 300 quid ish? lemme know what ya can get.

well i can get a ready to run Thunder tiger for 200ish, which you can get sooooooooooooo many upgrades for, i will have to reserch what we have in kit form at the warehouse
jr

21st Mar 04 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewbaccaman
i was looking at it it's £1.99 for the first issue then £5.99 for the others works out at £299.50 plus you have to buy your remote control for it coz all you get is the car..rip off

espically as the car is shite and about a 10 year old design
Marc D

21st Mar 04 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually do you have the tamiya mini cooper fwd?
jr

21st Mar 04 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the electric version
Marc D

21st Mar 04 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh. i think its the m chassis.
didjerama

21st Mar 04 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a HPI RS4 3 Nitro car. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Heres the link:

http://www.hpieurope.com/kits/main.php?lang=en&partNo=511

[Edited on 21-03-2004 by didjerama]
jr

21st Mar 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc D
yeh. i think its the m chassis.

yep got one of those in stock, ur looking at trade price plus VAT on that, i will find out on tuesday for u
Marc D

21st Mar 04 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks a lot
geordie smurf
Banned

21st Mar 04 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there only about 250 to but new already assembled i have the kyosho nitro ford focus with snapped drive shafts stupid kerbs and flat batterys
Marc

21st Mar 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Waste of money, your better off buyin a full kit.
Gavin
Premium Member

21st Mar 04 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wil tak ages to build up and cost a bomb!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Simon

21st Mar 04 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc D
actually do you have the tamiya mini cooper fwd?

i have one all built and with electronic speedo and better motor if you are interested in secind hand?!
corsa120

21st Mar 04 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i have the exact same car as the kit is building if u get me i brought it about 1 year ago with full radio gear, fuel, glow=charger and the car with shell painted and decals put on for 289.95

so the magazine is ripping you off

but if u read it it does say if u subscribe to the magazine they send the radio gear FREE
combatprojex

21st Mar 04 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want one JR!! i'l have to let u know when i have some dollars tho... skint at the mo!!
buckle247

21st Mar 04 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the thunder tiger TS-N4, got it for £200 from a model shop when it was on special offer. It's a good car, difficult to comment on speed with no speedo, but it is fast. Just spent £60 getting it serviced and the chassis replaced (twisted the first on, on my second time using it).

What Upgrades do you have for the car JR, as the shop where i got it from has many HPi upgrades, no thunder tiger.
Dav

21st Mar 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking getting a Tamiya TL-01 electric r/c to build up as a wee hobby, but I haven't had the time or money to much about it.
Dunno if they are the best make/model to get or not but I fancied the Opel V8 Coupe DTM2000.
Chris Bingham

21st Mar 04 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to do a load of radio controlled car stuff, only electric though. Was really good fun.

Last thing i built was a twin engined, twin battery 4wd electric beast. Made it out of a Cossie chassis and a FWD chassis.

Paul_J

21st Mar 04 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dav
I was looking getting a Tamiya TL-01 electric r/c to build up as a wee hobby, but I haven't had the time or money to much about it.
Dunno if they are the best make/model to get or not but I fancied the Opel V8 Coupe DTM2000.

TL-01

I had a TL-01 alpha romeo when I was about 14, I found a club thats near me about a 2 months ago, and took it along and was laughed at basically

People going 'mechanical speed controler don't see many of them around these days' - handled shit in comparison and wasn't very efficent.

bought new motor etc...

but bought my mates Carbon Schumacher Mission Chassis for £40! then chuck all my electronics onto it (Forward + Brake Eletronic Speed Controller, 27 Trinity Monster Stock Pro Motor etc) ...

It was running a lot better than my TL-01 as it handled better and was more efficent (being belt drive) a lot quieter too. Bought my mates 19 turn motor off him now for £10 since he's got a Brushless motor (worth £150), and goes very quick! Ended up welding my tamiya battery connectors together from heat so gotta buy some new ones...

Also I have a Skyline R34 shell now coz my ferrari 360 one ripped itself a part when someone 'accidently' put me into the wall on the main straight.

Great fun racing though Slowly rising up through the ranks of the club.

I personally prefer electric R/C cars to Nitro, something like a standard TL-01 tamiya kit won't be anything compared to a Nitro, but with a decent motor and the correct pinion electric cars accelerate quicker, imo handle better (no heavy engine), and can be run indoors on nice circuits.

If you want top end speed then you can always gear an electric to do that. My 27 Turn trinity motor reved to 29,000 ish RPM, this 19 turn goes to 39,000 ish (I think) RPM. So when geared correctly they're quick!

Paul J

Paul_J

21st Mar 04 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dav

oh yeh - and also the whole 'opel V8 etc' is only a shell. which costs about £17. So don't just look for how nice the exterior looks as you can put the shell on any car. Choose the best chassis you can afford - then buy the v8 opel (probably 190mm) shell seperately from hpi or whoever.

Imo having a Nitro that does 45 mph is pointless... You will just stand in a road and blast it up and down a couple of times before going 'hmm ok thats getting boring' then have nothing better to do.
Dav

21st Mar 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the essays Paul
Like I said, don't know anything about r/c cars really. Was just looking at them as a wee hobby. Not had the cash tho.

Any ifo to make sure I don't buy the wrong thing is appreciated tho

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » nitro astra RC car - any1 building it?....... 23 database queries in 0.0145872 seconds