corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » got pulled by cops last nite, advice needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author got pulled by cops last nite, advice needed
KuMbA

User status: Offline
19th Mar 04 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rite basicly im drivin last nite and i get pulled over, how fast was u goin blah blah blah (was doin like 34 in a 30) but that got sorted n e way not a problem.

The fing is they start askin bout insurence etc, told em it was my mums car and insurence is under her name with me as named driver, then they start goin if u did that jus 2 get cheap insurence thats fraud and all this i was like na na its mums car etc etc.
N e way i fink they were prolly jus chattin chat 2 try 2 scare me into admittin summit but i hadnt actually done n e fin wrong and insurence is all legal so theres nuttin they can do am i right?
SetH

19th Mar 04 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ROFL
Adam-D

19th Mar 04 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as it is your mums car
and that u only use from time to time
KuMbA

19th Mar 04 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh thats wot i said and she does own the car but i do drive it but thats fine as far as im concerned
bradfincham

19th Mar 04 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had that a few tims in POA!!
Just said its my mums car and im a named driver!!
I pay a premium so im insured!!!
MatthewR

19th Mar 04 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is it fraud if your legally insured and have a certification of insurance with you as a 2nd driver??? Pigs a tut tut
Dr Pepper

19th Mar 04 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell them to fuck off and give em a slap- arseholes
StuartGee

19th Mar 04 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you use the car more than your mum you are the "Main Driver" and as such should be the policy holder.

Always cheaper in the long run to get your own insurance, it will still be expensive when you first get your own policy, regardless of age - NCB's are what count
Bart

19th Mar 04 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
as long as it is your mums car
and that u only use from time to time

Not quite true.

Theres no set time allocated to a named driver.
Its only if you drive the car more than the main driver then you should legally be the main driver with your mum as the named driver.
They can do anything to you mate, you've not broken any law

A friend of mine was the same, he bought his own but was under his dads insurance, his dad was the main driver and he was a named driver.
He actually made 2 claims himself, and then his car got broke into, and cd player stolen.
He claimed again and his insurance company said "hang on mate, thats ur third claim and your only the named driver, we aint gonna pay up cos we think ur having us on" and they didnt pay.

Hope that helps anyway

[Edited on 09-06-2003 by Bart]
KuMbA

19th Mar 04 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice 1 every1, basicly i fort how the hell can htey prove i drive this car more than my mum????? Im insured all legally i dont see wot the problem is, i expect they were jus bored and wanted summit 2 do, anoying fing is i sorta know the copper cos he came into work once and i had 2 give a statement bout a bloke who stole sumfin and the copper was well safe then. TWAT
whitter45

19th Mar 04 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by StuartGee
If you use the car more than your mum you are the "Main Driver" and as such should be the policy holder.

Always cheaper in the long run to get your own insurance, it will still be expensive when you first get your own policy, regardless of age - NCB's are what count

this is very true and i have heard now that if people get their parents to insure their car for them and they go on it as a second driver then the parents can't carry over their no claims to the second car
SetH

19th Mar 04 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dry bum pork them
SetH

19th Mar 04 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put an apple in his mouth before you sod0mize him then he will know what its like to be a pig
stubbsy05

19th Mar 04 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum has never driven my car!! I have done 20k in the last year!
foster11984

19th Mar 04 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i insure mine under company car to get it cheap and ive told the police that when they've pulled me over and they havent ever said theres anything wrong wiv doin that
corsa-sxi

19th Mar 04 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im under my mums insurance, but she aint driven the car b4 is this a problem?
KuMbA

19th Mar 04 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah corsa-sxi i fink its fine, at the end of the day how is it humanly possible for them 2 prove u drive the car more than ur mum or whoeva? only way is 2 like film u drivin it on many occasions still more or less impossible very unlikely, police jus like 2 b gay sumtimes
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Mar 04 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by KuMbA
how the hell can htey prove i drive this car more than my mum?????
They can't - no crime has been committed.

Insuring a car in the name of someone who is less of a risk than yourself is known as fronting and while its very difficult to prove, insurance companies can refuse to pay out because of it.

kerzo

19th Mar 04 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do this too! at the end of the day its the only way i am able to get a quote around the 1k mark
stevegreetham

19th Mar 04 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it true that some companies take into account the length of time you have been driving..... say for example you were on ur mums policy for 3 years and then you get a new car and go fully comp....not worded very well but i hope you get what i mean
ssj_kakarot

19th Mar 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some insurance places will take the time you have been a named driver into account, for example my mam was on my dads for years but moved to her own so i could go on my dads policy, and insureyourmotor.com gave her a 4 years no claims discount which was nice.

and i dont really think that gettin your own insurance rather than going on some one else's is the best thing to do take me for exaple cheapest quote i got was er £1600 third party for my 1.2 corsa b yet on me dads its £216 a year fully comp all mods declared so i meen i think ill stick with me parents for a while.
vibrio
Banned

19th Mar 04 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by KuMbA
Rite basicly im drivin last nite and i get pulled over, how fast was u goin blah blah blah (was doin like 34 in a 30) but that got sorted n e way not a problem.

The fing is they start askin bout insurence etc, told em it was my mums car and insurence is under her name with me as named driver, then they start goin if u did that jus 2 get cheap insurence thats fraud and all this i was like na na its mums car etc etc.
N e way i fink they were prolly jus chattin chat 2 try 2 scare me into admittin summit but i hadnt actually done n e fin wrong and insurence is all legal so theres nuttin they can do am i right?

PMSL your scaring yourself for nothing. they were just taking the piss out of you. technically if your the main driver then you have to either the policy holder or the named drive but known to drive it the most.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » got pulled by cops last nite, advice needed 22 database queries in 0.0158651 seconds