corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What pads do i need for 284mm V6 Calipers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What pads do i need for 284mm V6 Calipers
AdiSRI

User status: Offline
18th Mar 04 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got the Plain V6 284 kit from V-tuning and have been using the standard GM pads that it came with.

However the amount of brake dust being created is huge, i need to wash then twice a week!

Do i just get pads as listed for a vectra 2.5V6??
Can anyone reccomend a good brand Pagid, Mintex, EBC Greenstuff???
AdamF
Premium Member

18th Mar 04 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always liked the gm ones never gave me any dust probs. i have heard that those greenstuff pads dont give odff much dust but my mate had them and wasnt impressed with the quality, ( didnt wqork when cold)

Joff

18th Mar 04 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not ask V-Tuning??

If they're V6 calipers, then you'll need V6 brake pads.
AdiSRI

18th Mar 04 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
Why not ask V-Tuning??

That would be too simple.

They are V6 calipers, but they are also identical in model number and look to the calipers on my dads Mk4 Astra GSi Turbo, so do these use the same V6 brakes??
Mav 3000

18th Mar 04 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have loads of brake dust too - its really annoying!
TOMAS

18th Mar 04 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mee too! LOL, its calming down though as they are bedding in - first week my wheels actually turned black LOL. Yeah you need Veccy V6 pads, Greenstuff are nenowned for reducing dust but they are also claimed not to be as good as most other brands for performance. Hardly suprising the amount of dust when you look at the surface area of the pads compaired with the 2.0 ATE pads - still amazing brakes. I had to stop hard from 100mph the other night and they didnt even get near to fading
Dinokid

18th Mar 04 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got green stuff pads and they make nearly no dust at all and work from cold. Get them imo
broster
Premium Member

18th Mar 04 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have ebc greenstuff pads on my v6 breaks. they are wicked. work well and next to no dust off them. which s good as im a lazy boy
broster
Premium Member

18th Mar 04 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have ebc greenstuff pads on my v6 breaks. they are wicked. work well and next to no dust off them. which s good as im a lazy boy
broster
Premium Member

18th Mar 04 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TOMAS

18th Mar 04 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your not that lazy if you can post three times LOL

How much did they set you back, I saw somewhere doing them for like £75 Do they have better cold bite than standard GM? As of yet I cant get mine to fade so im not changing pads just because of dust...
Dave

18th Mar 04 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mintex 1144 pads come highly recommended in general. I'd guess they would be available for v6 calipers.
Joff

18th Mar 04 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found the Mintex pads would cover my wheels in black dust every 50 miles!!

They gripped well though.
AdiSRI

18th Mar 04 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm well i wudnt mind better performance from the pads, but want less dust aswell.
Dave

18th Mar 04 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonna see if Mintex do pads for my Wilwood calipers, I've got track pads that came with the kit (bought private) and they are crap from cold.

As mentioned Greenstuff say they are low dust but I'd say the Mintex were a better pad.
broster
Premium Member

19th Mar 04 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know why it posted three times, im using my phone so it prob went pete tong! i never used my v6 set up with standard discs and pads, i use black diamond drilled and grooved discs and greenstuff pads. work very well, never faded on me yet! looks nice too. haha. id recomend it to anyone

New Poll