corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » No cat

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No cat
fax2004

User status: Offline
17th Mar 04 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I forgot to mention in last post...
Ive de-catted my Corsa B, or more smashed the insides of the cat out, so theres still the cat shape on my system, but it sounds really shite, you can hear all the gases and rattles from the engine, i think its because theres no muffler between the engine and the hollow cat? If i put a proper straight through pipe on it, will this cure it, and has anyone else encountered this?
Cheers
Fad

17th Mar 04 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the cat acts as a silencer and i suspect not all of the honeycomb stuff has been takenout and is still loose int he cat itself so is gunna be raspy and rattly just get a decat pipe
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

17th Mar 04 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought u had2 have a cat for the mot. because i had2 have mine removed because it had broken up, will i need a new1 b4 next MOT?
Adam-D

17th Mar 04 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if either of u have a 8v spi i have a cat f/s
Fraser Young

17th Mar 04 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yehh, they not cheap either
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

17th Mar 04 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D

erm, i have an M Reg 1.2 8v, is that the right1?
CorsAsh

17th Mar 04 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to replace my cat a while back because the internals had broken off and been fired out the back. Changing your exhaust from the cat back wont affect it as its the cat makin the noise. I put my full system with straight thru centre on and it still sounded like ball bearings bein rattled round in a tin can.

The only way to stop it rattling is to replace the cat itself. Your performance should also improve as your cat creates back pressure. It did when i put a new one on mine.
CorsAsh

17th Mar 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flameredcorsab
quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D

erm, i have an M Reg 1.2 8v, is that the right1?

just read this ^ and yes, his 1.4 8v cat is the same as a 1.2 8v one.
Adam-D

17th Mar 04 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep this will fit 1.2 and 1.4 8v spi engines
fax2004

20th Mar 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
I had to replace my cat a while back because the internals had broken off and been fired out the back. Changing your exhaust from the cat back wont affect it as its the cat makin the noise. I put my full system with straight thru centre on and it still sounded like ball bearings bein rattled round in a tin can.

The only way to stop it rattling is to replace the cat itself. Your performance should also improve as your cat creates back pressure. It did when i put a new one on mine.

So your saying adding a cat will improve performance? I thought taking your cat off increased performance??
Lisa

20th Mar 04 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fax2004
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh

So your saying adding a cat will improve performance? I thought taking your cat off increased performance??
well you know what thougt did, on astra gsis it looses power. it only works on cars that are restricted by the cat which is not many.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » No cat 23 database queries in 0.0124259 seconds