corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Skipping Changer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Skipping Changer
DC

User status: Offline
   17th Mar 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right got a Kenwood hu and changer, problem is since i put my new system in the changer skips loads.

Ideally i would have an Alpine headunit n changer but havent got the money after buying everything else.

Does ne1 no of any places or ways i can mount it so it wont skip lik it does??
In my Corsa (old car) i had it in the glove box & although it was beta than it is now it still skipped a fair bit.

Could it b my changer needs servicing or just fcuked!! Im pretty sure however it is the bass making it skip as when i wire the changer up outside the car it doesnt skip. Also it only really skips (other than big bumps) when the volume is wound up!!

Any help wud be appreciated, D
Richie

17th Mar 04 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make a thick foam surround for it in the glovebox. where is it mounted now?
Martin

17th Mar 04 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ya wana rap it in bubble rap, maybe put it in glove box, or under a seat.
danregs

21st Mar 04 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure the angle setting on your changer is set right according to the angle you have mounted your changer at.

also the kenwood changers use rubber grommet type thingys for their anti-shock mechanism and these rubbers can dry out and provide less "bounce" after a while. this tends to happen if your car is parked in direct sunlight on regular occasions. not much you can do about that really!

hope this helps.

dan

New Poll