corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhasust clearance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhasust clearance
fd_morph

User status: Offline
   14th Mar 04 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Summary : I took my car to my local Halfords garage + had mot/service done. One thing to be done was replace my middle exhaust pipe(on Corsa B 1.2 16v).

Subsequently when I have any passengers in the rear or have a load in the boot; I get a banging noise which I've nailed down to where the new middle section joins the b/box, basically the clamp on the two sections is directly over the rear axle strut, when unloaded the clearance is about 3inches and obviously gets lower when under load.

Can anybody give me an idea of the standard clearance of that section over the axle, because so far I've phoned them up and they have suggested that replacing the b/box rubbers may solve the problem (doubt it personally) I'm going back to the garage this coming friday the 19th, any measurements would greatly help.

Cheers FD
antz1

14th Mar 04 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the same prob but mines rubin ot tho coz its lowerd 60mm, just take 2 an zorst garage and they will bend the pipe
nikdegreek

14th Mar 04 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines exactly the same as well. Took it to garage and they said it was quite a big job. So think i will just get a new system. Any suggestion?
LukeGSi

14th Mar 04 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nikdegreek
Mines exactly the same as well. Took it to garage and they said it was quite a big job. So think i will just get a new system. Any suggestion?

they pulling your pisser mate!! Simply a case of slightly bending the pipe to clear axle or change the backbox rubbers!!
fd_morph

14th Mar 04 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah come to mention it the pipe does look as if it is hanging a bit low from the chassis, I shall point this out to them and we'll see what they say. Cheers
MJ

14th Mar 04 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the same problem with my sebring backbox and striaght tho pipe, but only when i have people in the back. how can i sort this out.
AdiSRI

14th Mar 04 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

twist it
CorsAsh

14th Mar 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ yeah, loosen the clamp that joins the backbox to centre, and rotate the backbox - this will raise/lower the bend, so just adjust it til it clears the rear axle more. Geta mate to hold the exhaust in place, and then tighten up the clamp again. Job done.

New Poll