corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MY BABY INTERCOOLER!!!!! AH!!!!!!!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MY BABY INTERCOOLER!!!!! AH!!!!!!!!!
Dave

User status: Offline
15th Mar 04 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never said they weren't, anything is tuneable but if you want true performance you need petrol. Name me one car where the diesel is the performance model.
Dr Pepper

15th Mar 04 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
quote:

There is absolutely no point in tuning it what so ever, and certainly no point in arguing that it is or isnt rapid against a 1.2?

ha you must know ur cars m8. diesles can in some instances be tuned more than petrol because theyre compression ignition not spark ignition.

Makes you wonder why all those silly F1 teams carrying on fannying around with petrol engines, all they need to do is rob the engine out of a Massey Ferguson and they would have the title sewn up.

vx220 1.3 cdti 150 mph? not tuneable eh?

lack of weight may also play a part dont ya think
bubble

15th Mar 04 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I never said they weren't, anything is tuneable but if you want true performance you need petrol. Name me one car where the diesel is the performance model.

tbh dont think i could. but now jaguar are sayin that since the release of their first diesel sales have risen 20% in 6 months. bmw 330ci-top of range aint it? golf gt tdi?
all quality cars all diesel
kerzo

15th Mar 04 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

diesels are a lot more affordable and generably more reliable when it comes to slight upgrades in performance

eg ibiza tdi sports with a remap (£4-500 or so??) could have 180bhp and well over 300lb's torque which would blow the pants of a c20xe not to mention many others
bubble

15th Mar 04 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MODDEDCORSAGSI
id say it was qicker than ur 1.2, i dnt care wot the book figures say

took a 1.2 b down a500 earlier, down slip road pulled away from him then at porthill he came past as i was limited on 100!!!
he wondered what was in when we got back fez. told him 1.3 diesel he says never bloody heard of one!! lmao. went past loads lads by comet all pointin and shouting DUMPER!!!!
Dave

15th Mar 04 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

tbh dont think i could. but now jaguar are sayin that since the release of their first diesel sales have risen 20% in 6 months. bmw 330ci-top of range aint it? golf gt tdi?
all quality cars all diesel

BMW M3 is top of the range, R32 is top of the range Golf(Mk 4)

I've nothing against diesel, my dads Bora TDi is a nice lazy drive, its just not a performance car.
bubble

15th Mar 04 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats narked me off iz cuz ive said its rapid,which to me it is cuz i dont have a 2.0litre corsa, people have said oh its shit slow etc, but have they been in one??
bubble

15th Mar 04 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxhall now do a 1.9 diesel with 150ps and itll do 134 mph. for tractor fuel, thats v good
Dave

15th Mar 04 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the rapid bit caused the argument. I'm not having a dig but 70bhp isn't rapid.

It's probably pretty nippy for a diesel but it's still not rapid.
bubble

15th Mar 04 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think the rapid bit caused the argument. I'm not having a dig but 70bhp isn't rapid.

It's probably pretty nippy for a diesel but it's still not rapid.

prob yeah but to me it feels rapid cz u only gotta rest foot on throttle and it spins up like a bastard. in my 1.2 had to take it to 6k all the time
Stone Cold Rattlesnake

15th Mar 04 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bubble

15th Mar 04 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stone Cold Rattlesnake

what wrong m8?
Cybermonkey

15th Mar 04 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok bubble, the eco-speedster was a very very advanced machine. It had very special low resistance tyres, a very aerodynamic shell, as well as a highly developed common-rail engine, which happens to be far more advanced than the engine in your corsa. You said that your ECU was restricting the engine for the first 500miles, yet you go on to say that you upped the boost almost immediately. What a dumb thing to do, then you say you cant rag it, yet you take the car to 100mph, a very stressful thing to do on a brand new car. Expect the engine to start rattling in the near future, maybe your first service. You work for vauxhall, yet you know nothing about running a car in. Its not only the engine, but all moving parts which need to be bed in so that they can work together efficiently. Dumb-ass.

Gambit

15th Mar 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DangerousDave16v
30 miles on the clock, and driven hard, hummm that engines gonna last a long time

ever heard of running a car in?

fair point but for the first 500 miles the ecu is restricting the diesel pump so cant drive it hard. so no matter how hard i drive it its ok

so it rapes 1.4 16v's while being restricted, so once it clears 500 miles you'll be raping 1.8 16v's i guess
Cybermonkey

15th Mar 04 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you smell something gambit?
Ned

15th Mar 04 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 70bhp diesel raping a 90bhp petrol
Gambit

15th Mar 04 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

something is definitly a miss
Cybermonkey

15th Mar 04 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hang on, i think its thick black plumes of smoke from a brand new 1.3 diesel corsa
Ned

15th Mar 04 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for sale, 1 corsa c 1.3 td, 1 carefull owner from new
jamied

15th Mar 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ned
for sale, 1 corsa c 1.3 td, 1 carefull owner from new [/quote
Kris TD

15th Mar 04 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

There is absolutely no point in tuning it what so ever, and certainly no point in arguing that it is or isnt rapid against a 1.2?

ha you must know ur cars m8. diesles can in some instances be tuned more than petrol because theyre compression ignition not spark ignition.

Makes you wonder why all those silly F1 teams carrying on fannying around with petrol engines, all they need to do is rob the engine out of a Massey Ferguson and they would have the title sewn up.

because it is immpossible for a diesel engine to rev above about 5500 rpm, thats no use for an f1 car.
TOMAS

15th Mar 04 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bubblevaux. Im glad everyone on the planet doesnt have the same ego as you. You talk about your 1.3 turbo diesel corsa as though its a racing car . Fact is 'Foooking rapid' and '1.3 turbo diesel' should not even be in the same sentance. The comments I made about 'go learn about suspension' is that you simply put "the damper is fixed to the car". I STILL have no idea what you are harking on about, a damper and strut are the same thing - a suspension leg?

Please stop sending me pointless u2u's, trying to start arguments. At the end of the day you are a jumped up kid who's just got a nice shiney new bad boy machine, it might seem like your little Ferrari to you but to the rest of the world its a 1.3 turbo diesel so bear that in mind when you talk about it
bubble

15th Mar 04 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
Bubblevaux. Im glad everyone on the planet doesnt have the same ego as you. You talk about your 1.3 turbo diesel corsa as though its a racing car . Fact is 'Foooking rapid' and '1.3 turbo diesel' should not even be in the same sentance. The comments I made about 'go learn about suspension' is that you simply put "the damper is fixed to the car". I STILL have no idea what you are harking on about, a damper and strut are the same thing - a suspension leg?

u said that i didnt know about suspension. a damper sits in a strut. on the c, the damper they cant b removed. on a b they can. a damper is what absorbs shock. a strut holds a damper and connects the hub assy and the track rod end together. so damper and struts arent the same wise guy.
and every1 can sl8 me as much as they want. just cuz a diesel is quick you all have got on ya high horses and immediately started oh they shit slow etc, without going in one.fact is theyre quicker than the 1.2. wont go over 100 but get there quicker.
Please stop sending me pointless u2u's, trying to start arguments. At the end of the day you are a jumped up kid who's just got a nice shiney new bad boy machine, it might seem like your little Ferrari to you but to the rest of the world its a 1.3 turbo diesel so bear that in mind when you talk about it
bubble

15th Mar 04 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
Bubblevaux. Im glad everyone on the planet doesnt have the same ego as you. You talk about your 1.3 turbo diesel corsa as though its a racing car . Fact is 'Foooking rapid' and '1.3 turbo diesel' should not even be in the same sentance. The comments I made about 'go learn about suspension' is that you simply put "the damper is fixed to the car".

er i said damper is a fixed unit, and it is fixed to the strut not the car you muppet.

'please note peeps that on a corsa c the front damper is not removable. its a fixed unit'

bubble

15th Mar 04 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
ok bubble, the eco-speedster was a very very advanced machine. It had very special low resistance tyres, a very aerodynamic shell, as well as a highly developed common-rail engine, which happens to be far more advanced than the engine in your corsa. You said that your ECU was restricting the engine for the first 500miles, yet you go on to say that you upped the boost almost immediately. What a dumb thing to do, then you say you cant rag it, yet you take the car to 100mph, a very stressful thing to do on a brand new car. Expect the engine to start rattling in the near future, maybe your first service. You work for vauxhall, yet you know nothing about running a car in. Its not only the engine, but all moving parts which need to be bed in so that they can work together efficiently. Dumb-ass.

u know ur stuff
cuz the engine in the vx220 was the exact same engine as in the corsa. 1.3 cdti. no difference at all. it was used to show how economical they are.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MY BABY INTERCOOLER!!!!! AH!!!!!!!!! 22 database queries in 0.1991990 seconds