corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lightened FlyWheels

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lightened FlyWheels
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
12th Mar 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i have asked before, But carnt remember, i want a full explination of what i should expect with a lightnened flywheel, i have had mine done and wont be drivin it till next week, engines a C16XE with loads of mods, will my car accelerate faster???, i know i wont gain power or tourqe so why do people do it what are the advatages
Andy

12th Mar 04 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quicker engine pick-up, more responsive throttle. You won't 'gain' power, but as your engine will waste less energy accelerating the flywheel as the revs rise, you can gain a little bit of overall acceleration. Also help cornering, as a heavy spinning flywheel acts as a gyroscope - ie doesn't want to change direction when you move it. Lose some mass and this effect is reduced.

Oh - forgot to add it sounds damn good when you blip the throttle too

[Edited on 12-03-2004 by Andy]
Greasemonkey

12th Mar 04 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i though that, cos the rev will drop dead quick it will sound like a motor bike engine, just have to get a quick shift, lol, so its a mod thats was worth doing

New Poll