corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » sound but no picture on tv screen?? help!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sound but no picture on tv screen?? help!!
MODDEDCORSAGSI

User status: Offline
8th Mar 04 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

set it up 2 the ps2, red white and yellow rca's in, gettin sound from the ps2 but not picture??. it says that the tv automatically switches from ntsc to pal!
cdcool1

8th Mar 04 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this with a centurion screen i had a while ago, it also said that it automatically switched from ntsc to pal, but it didn't! you had to do it manually through the menus, which is hard when you cant see the menu! i ended up following the instrustions for manually switching between ntsc and pal, took ages, but managed it in the end.
MODDEDCORSAGSI

8th Mar 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MINES AN INNOVATEK SCREEN, u can change it from auto, to pal, nt.3 and nt.4, shud i put it on pal. i think ive tried doin it manually and it still didnt work.
cdcool1

8th Mar 04 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, should be on pal mate, as long as your ps2 is a pal and not an imported ps2 that is.

you are definately connecting it to video input and not output aren't you? sounds daft but seen it done! also does it work ok with a normal tv?? and have you had the screen working with anything else??
MODDEDCORSAGSI

8th Mar 04 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite, so i set it 2 pal! by changing the top option in this picture from auto to pal

ive got the power 4 the tv, and its on with blue screen! theres a thick wire cumin out the bottom, which ive connected to the wire supplied with a red, white and yellow rca!

this is my tv

showing the thick wire connected! then i put the power on, on the ps2. i connect the othe cable 2 the ps2 which has a white, red and yellow rca. so i connect the rca's from the ps2 2 the rcas from the tv. correct! i press the av button and i get the sound from the ps2, and sumtyms a picture for a split second and then a blue screen agen

[Edited on 08-03-2004 by MODDEDCORSAGSI]
cdcool1

8th Mar 04 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm, all sounds right to me. have you tried your ps2 on a normal tv? does it work ok on a normal tv through your RCA leads? i suppose it could be your RCA leads

other than that, i'm not sure mate, sorry
cdcool1

8th Mar 04 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would try switching some settings in menus too, like try changing it to black and white etc, see if it works like that. it could be something in a menu which you wouldn't normally think of changing.

failing all that, try the troobleshooting section in the instruction manual
MODDEDCORSAGSI

8th Mar 04 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i tried the ps2 with the rca leads into my tv in my front room and works fine! do u think that the tv may b faulty or it is not switching to pal like it shud, it says clearly on the side of the box , 'multi-system choice, such as PAL, NTSC. therefore it shud work with my PAL ps2, rite??
cdcool1

8th Mar 04 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, it should according to that description. as i say, try flickin through some menus, play around for a bit, if still nothing, get in contact with where you bought it from or the company that makes them
MODDEDCORSAGSI

8th Mar 04 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, i brought the tv second handbut it had harldy bin used! tried gettin in touch with the makers but no luck, oh wel! thanks 4 ya help fella
cdcool1

8th Mar 04 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worries mate, sorry couldnt help too much

New Poll