corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford Anglia with Turbo'd XE and NOS

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ford Anglia with Turbo'd XE and NOS
bubble

User status: Offline
6th Mar 04 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bloke came in work today who was some mate of 1 of our mechanics, and has this old lookin car. it had little wheels on think 14s but when came past me i thought it sounded odd. Snapper, the bloke who knows the owner came out with a hoooooge grin on his face, so i went up to the car and opened the door(tinted windows so couldnt see in). this bloke gets out and he has 2 bucket seats and gauges everywhere. in the back there was a chromed roll cage and a nice purple bottle in the middle on a plinth. I thought "NOS-no way!!!". i cant explain what went through me but jesus christ-how deceiving. anyway he is talikn to snapper and im walkin around the car thinkin how,why,when,how,how,how. i sit in the drivers seat and TAP the throttle. FOOK ME!!! talk about nice. i get out and i ask the bloke if i can drive it. He said no. but he took me out in it. strapped into the corbeau number we pull off my compund. the gearing-dont know what it was but sounded like a mini but hardly moved the gearstick to change-like the dtm cars. he gets into 4th doing 30mph, and im thinkin ya poof, nail it. but no. 30-35mph all way through town......................................................................................................................................until the A500 D-Road appears. Hold on he says-i do. Going around MFI roundabout, he slows down, steady traffic, and puts it in first. full throttle fuck me were moving now, second gear im in my seat unable to mo0ve forward. he is talking to me but i cant hear him, i can just here 330 horses thrusting us forward jesus its fast 3rd gear i think, off the slip road straight into fast lane,where we belong. the TIM tacho says 110ish. fourth gear again i think still pulling, dump valve sounding very faint compared to this motor going down road. he adjusts the way he is sitting and we must be nearing 140 easy. he points to a plethora of switches and i know what he is saying-NOS. so i press this little black button, and a couple of lights illuminate on a purple box and suddenly i am shitting myself. i cannot describe the way i felt. its sheer madness. to comprehend goin this fast in a car i seen on harry potter is crazy. he changes gear again but the lights on box are out but were still pulling(gospel i swear). before he applies the brakes one last look at speedo and its just above 155. he allows the car to come down to about 80 and we pull off at the talke junction. and we return to work. snapper is waiting and i get out and he says 'still want a 1.3 diesel?'.
turns out he is the area manager of snap-on. he has loads of flash motor but this is his fave. it has a 2.0 red top with all fancy stuff on and he showed me rolling road figures from mikeanics that says 329 bhp at 5500rpm.

sometimes u expierience summat and u know ull never 4get it.

ill never forget that.
Fad

6th Mar 04 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i rember this similar feeling when i went out in a 300BHp astra GSi and he was nailing it in and around town
Cavey

6th Mar 04 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux

to comprehend goin this fast in a car i seen on harry potter is crazy.

Haha, you watch Harry Potter

Sounds like a hell of a fun experience anyway I had 105 out of my Nova down there, with a full car Was a while back...

not quite the same
jr

6th Mar 04 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fadscorsa
i rember this similar feeling when i went out in a 300BHp astra GSi and he was nailing it in and around town

the reports i heard were you shat yourself
bubble

6th Mar 04 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:

to comprehend goin this fast in a car i seen on harry potter is crazy.

Haha, you watch Harry Potter

yesh
Fad

6th Mar 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by fadscorsa

the reports i heard were you shat yourself

yes
Marc

6th Mar 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good, im dissapointed theres no pics though.
bubble

6th Mar 04 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont keep cameras at work but i will ask him come down again and get some hopefully
chris_lee100

6th Mar 04 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i aint one to preech, but 155+ on a public road, sounds great .... till he kills some poor fucker
bubble

6th Mar 04 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it ok 2 preach cuz ure right but when we were on A500 i think we passed 2 cars and it aint exactly a pedestrian area
Marc

6th Mar 04 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
dont keep cameras at work but i will ask him come down again and get some hopefully

bubble

6th Mar 04 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh its nice!!
chris_lee100

6th Mar 04 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at least it wasn't totally careless like some drivers then, but still not justified.

Be safe mate, its better than a life long conscience, or no life at all ........
J da Silva

6th Mar 04 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit like my calibra turbo astravan, sadly ripped the engine out though and stuck a 1300cc for a work vehicle
bubble

6th Mar 04 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bin in some quick cars but this seemd the quickest by far. i driven a vx220turbo plenty times, sti's and one evo4.
J da Silva

6th Mar 04 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what turbo did it have on it? and what shot of nos
bubble

6th Mar 04 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh he didnt go mega technical. he mentioned hybrid turbo and the purple nos said wizards of noz, but not sure on dosage
J da Silva

6th Mar 04 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe why it had instant kick then, thats advantage of hybrids
bubble

6th Mar 04 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
maybe why it had instant kick then, thats advantage of hybrids

it was instant believe me. nos wasnt instant though-good half second delay
J da Silva

6th Mar 04 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing like a good 'sleeper', theres a large stretch of country road near where i live and a lot of saxo and novaboys hammer it down this road and i was just leaving them for dead in this shitty old astravan turbo, quite funny to see them all dropping a gear to try and catch up
bubble

6th Mar 04 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is a few nice sleepers up my way. a nova 1.4 sr totally standard with the black wheels etc but it is sporting a 2.016v on tb's. and another nova with x16xe with tb's. both really subtle

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford Anglia with Turbo'd XE and NOS 22 database queries in 0.0157831 seconds