corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » JBL Amp & Sub

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author JBL Amp & Sub
tiptoptim

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 04 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know if this is a stupid question, but I will ask anyway.

I am running a JBL 12inch sub off a JBL GTO 2000 watt amp. Sub is rated at 400watts I think and so is amp. I am also running a lighting 1 farrad power cap.
I am running this amp in bridged mode to the sub, but heres the problem. On occasions it seems to go into one channel so I can only here it playing part of the music. I look at the amp and it has DB meter on it. On this meter it is only lighting up one channel when it should be lighting up both sides.
I have changed speaker cable and this seems to have fixed it but then it went again. Changed the terminals on the amp the other night and this seemed to fix it. But this morning it stoped again.

Just wondering if anyone had any other ideas that I could try?

Many thanks.
ed

4th Mar 04 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got the wires in the right slots? You gotta have the wires in the slots marked 'bridge' in the manual.
tiptoptim

5th Mar 04 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah got all the wires in the correct place.

Think I may have solved it as when I looked at it yesterday the power cable connection was a bit poor. Put power cable onto new fork and seems to be working ok at the mo. Touch wood.

ed

5th Mar 04 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea make sure all the connections are in right, I made that mistake at first and it wouldnt work properly. And make sure the earth is in the best place possible (I'm gonna weld a little bolt down into my spare wheel well when I build my install).

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » JBL Amp & Sub 23 database queries in 0.0066690 seconds