corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rca problem maybe help me.... no tunes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rca problem maybe help me.... no tunes
Korsa

User status: Offline
   25th Feb 04 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When iv'e got the radio on.... the amp is turned on and the sub is kicking.... when i switch to play cd's the amp turnes it self off, and sub stops working..... witch radio back on amp springs back to life and as a result sub's bangin again.... why is this?

something to do with the rca lead??

but why would it be working for the radio and not the cd's?

help
James@CCC

25th Feb 04 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that'll be to do with the remote wire mate. Sounds like its turning on when the radio is on, not when the unit as a whole is on (which would be what you want if you had an elecric aerial).

I dont know how u'd change it tho, it maybe down to the type of headunit, and something you cannot change. Alternativley there may be another wire back there which is on when the unit is on which is what u'd want to use.

If ur left with no other option you could wire it to the battery with a switch, or igniton, in the middle (bypassing the headunit). You could then turn it on or off as u please. But consult other people on here before you do this, because i think its only a low voltage signal and u dont wanna blow it
Korsa

25th Feb 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but it used to work with the cd's..... strange..
mwg

25th Feb 04 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u changed or added anything to ur system recently? or has it just suddenly stopped working? probably sounds obvious and bit of a ballache but try checking all the wiring is plugged in where it should be. otherwise i dont have a clue
James@CCC

25th Feb 04 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe a setting on ur headunit u hit accidently? something must have changed

i dunno, but this'll be y its happening
Korsa

26th Feb 04 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope nothing has changed and all cables are ok..... must be turning doing some electronic antenna, ig its only coming on when the radio is on............

New Poll