corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » micra sports club tryin av a go lol

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author micra sports club tryin av a go lol
stuyw

User status: Offline
25th Feb 04 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member

best micra ive seen is the WRC look a like with 230bhp i think it had
micra_pete
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

new shape one, with the mid mounted engine?
stuyw

25th Feb 04 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member

thats the one m8 - nice motor that. u got a pic of it?
kerzo

25th Feb 04 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member

lol i just have to laugh at all you kids slagging each other off for no reason!! we all drive cheap shit and have no reason to slag each other off.......basically the same old story over and over again and quite frankly its just fucking boring and annoying now so can we please cut the crap??
micra_pete
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

i agree with the man above, hence the corsa and micra in the same class comment, neither are fantastic standard either.
stubbsy

25th Feb 04 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member

i agree
Ditch

25th Feb 04 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
the 1.3 k11 all have the same specs 75bhp as standard..............
a simple exhaust and filter change will see 100bhp ish on the k11's,

so zaust and filter gains you 25bhp

unbelievable that......
micra_pete
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

thats taken from the standard figure, we have bhp plots to prove the 100bhp figures, so unless nissan give lower figures than they are, then yes its 25bhp gain, the 13cgde (1.3 k11) engine responds very well to tuning, the jap lads are well ahead of us but cams and chip and suitable fueling tend to see 130 ish, and good turbo setups see 160+
vibrio
Banned

25th Feb 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member

you'd need a before and after plot to show it gained 25hp. especially when thats an icrease of 33% just from a filter and exhaust
Ditch

25th Feb 04 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member

book figures are never correct, and RR's over-read.

Show me a before and after RR, with a gain of 25bhp over standard, and i will praise the micra till the cows come home.
micra_pete
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

did i not just say that mate, "so unless nissan give lower figures than they are, then yes its 25bhp gain" a standard micra figures will be higher than 75bhp as i am aware that 25bhp is a hugh increase vibs, however if i quoted higher than book standard figures, people would also have shot me down.
vibrio
Banned

25th Feb 04 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member

no if the rollers gave 95hp before and 100hp after you could say that you got a 5hp increase over standard. wither the rollers read right or not don;t matter in that case. however you do get error in quoting fly hp. best to look at the difference @ wheels
micra_pete
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

yep i know this mate, i was just trying to give some example figures, i am fully aware of all the possible errors, and i understand the gain would be less
MSC_Ed

26th Feb 04 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

If its any comparison, the K11 Micras with airfilter and full exhaust usually have no problem in getting to the end of santa pod infront of a Saxo VTR. Not a very scientific test granted, but standard they dont stand a chance.. Also we have seen these gains loads of times right across the UK on different Micras, so I believe there is some truth in it There arnt any before and after dyno plots of the same car, BUT I have seen standard 1.3 Vs modded 1.3 on the same dyno on the same day and the gains are the same.

Also somone asked about the Micra Superturbo. Well I have one! its 930cc weighs 770Kg and had it dynoed @ 171bhp at G force. however I think it was really closer to 150, as the drive losses were far to much. My best 1/4 mile time on mega cheap tyres was 15.5 this was at santa pod.
stubbsy

26th Feb 04 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member

what was the torque like when you had it rollin roaded, would really expect with that power to weight ratio to do it alot quicker than that as the standard 2ltr corsas on here do low 15's they are around 150bhp but alot hevier.
Super_si

26th Feb 04 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member

hes got a point
"its really disheartening, seeing as we are probably the most dedeicated club and really love our cars how people just judge the micra by its reputation. Its such a shame all these narrow minded eurobox drivers cant see the Jap light
Still its their loss, if they want to slate us fine, but we can be proud that no one makes lexus clusters for the micra and with that we keep our dignity.
I guess their choice of car also shows what their intelligence level is like as they only bought the 5axo or corsa because it was 'cool' to own one, instead of choosing a car based on how its built, mpg, looks etc."

Your to narrow minded to realise it.
micra_pete
Premium Member

26th Feb 04 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

hi ed, ta for that
vibrio
Banned

26th Feb 04 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by MSC_Ed
If its any comparison, the K11 Micras with airfilter and full exhaust usually have no problem in getting to the end of santa pod infront of a Saxo VTR. Not a very scientific test granted, but standard they dont stand a chance.. Also we have seen these gains loads of times right across the UK on different Micras, so I believe there is some truth in it There arnt any before and after dyno plots of the same car, BUT I have seen standard 1.3 Vs modded 1.3 on the same dyno on the same day and the gains are the same.

Also somone asked about the Micra Superturbo. Well I have one! its 930cc weighs 770Kg and had it dynoed @ 171bhp at G force. however I think it was really closer to 150, as the drive losses were far to much. My best 1/4 mile time on mega cheap tyres was 15.5 this was at santa pod.

I suspect you cannot drive
micra_pete
Premium Member

26th Feb 04 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

hi vibs
vibrio
Banned

26th Feb 04 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member

Hi pete
MSC_Ed

26th Feb 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member

When there is basically no line between 4000 RPM almost no boost and 5000 RPM 1.6 bar of boost. Its VERY VERY hard to get a good launch either you bog down or its wheel spin through all of first and second. Extreme cheapo 195/45's dont help either. In the end I just didnt bother trying to get grip.
Ojc

26th Feb 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member

OMG sorry but Micras? FFS no. Just go away.
MSC_Ed

26th Feb 04 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member

lol, Is this anyones here?

And you laugh at the Micra!

kerzo

26th Feb 04 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member

well spotted!!!
micra_pete
Premium Member

26th Feb 04 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
OMG sorry but Micras? FFS no. Just go away.

why not oliver, your nova's sounding like its gonna be good? why not a micra?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » micra sports club tryin av a go lol 22 database queries in 0.2590342 seconds