corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wot maods should i do to my GSi!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wot maods should i do to my GSi!!!
GSi_matt

User status: Offline
   22nd Feb 04 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi ppl, ive just registered on the site n want sum help!! i bought ma GSi last week totally standard... its a M reg!!! n so far ive done a scorpion s/s system from cat, 57i induction kit and lexus clusters..... wot should i be thinkin ov doin nxt but the money situation aint gr8 so ne idead would be much obliged...
LukeGSi

22nd Feb 04 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scrap the induction kit and get a standard air box and drill it - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=73970. Whateva u do dont get rid of the bodykit, lower it and a decent set of 15's!! Jobs a good 'un
broster
Premium Member

22nd Feb 04 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then get a new inlet manifold and a de-cat pipe, then unichip, should be a gud un then!
--DAN--

22nd Feb 04 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've tried Drilled Airbox, K&N, BFO and Viper on my GSi and I would definately recommend the Viper( Bit overpriced though)

Then, as above decat, chip, inlet etc.
broster
Premium Member

22nd Feb 04 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree i also have the viper and i tried drillign air box etc... viper is the best!
corsafreak

22nd Feb 04 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldn't drill the airbox it may let more air into the filter but it will be warm air from the engine bay which will cause power loss.the viper routes the intake air from outside the engine bay cold air = more power.
if you have a k+n type induction kit build an airtight box around it with a cold air feed pipe from the from grille/bumper area.
better still move the filter out of the engine bay, don't know if it's possible with a corsa but i've done it on a previous car (moved filter into the innner wing)
broster
Premium Member

22nd Feb 04 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can drill the air box and fit a new cold air feed to it so u only get cold air to it, easy to do
Gavin
Premium Member

22nd Feb 04 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very very good and cheap (FREE) mod....

pew pew pew pewwwww
Marc

22nd Feb 04 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+ id rather have smoked rear lights!
luca2020

22nd Feb 04 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsafreak
i wouldn't drill the airbox it may let more air into the filter but it will be warm air from the engine bay which will cause power loss.the viper routes the intake air from outside the engine bay cold air = more power.
if you have a k+n type induction kit build an airtight box around it with a cold air feed pipe from the from grille/bumper area.
better still move the filter out of the engine bay, don't know if it's possible with a corsa but i've done it on a previous car (moved filter into the innner wing)

what are u talking about u tit

u dont drill the side of the engine, u srill the side on the wing, do it dont let hot air in, thats the whole point, and its been proven that a dilled air box gives more power than a k&n induction kit, because THEY let in hot air
Danz_Corsa

22nd Feb 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is better,

an induction kit with a heat shield on the engine side of the kit, or a drill air-box?

LukeGSi

22nd Feb 04 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danz_Corsa
what is better,
an induction kit with a heat shield on the engine side of the kit, or a drill air-box?

matter of opinion...i have a ramair induction kit at the mo with a heat cover and 3 cold air feeds and dont get any flat spots, im gona pop my old air box on with the feeds and see which i think is best!!
MOB

22nd Feb 04 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd get these, real bargain:
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=122027
M4tt

22nd Feb 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MOB
i'd get these, real bargain:
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=122027

i wouldn't on a gsi, wouldn't suit

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wot maods should i do to my GSi!!! 24 database queries in 0.0194860 seconds