corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cars performance is getting worse and worse!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cars performance is getting worse and worse!!
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
   17th Feb 04 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys, ive got corsa Gsi 1.6 16v with 80k miles,full group a zorst and viper induction kit...

heres a list of whats gone wrong with it in the last 6 months in order of it happening, and to tell u the truth i never actually got it repaired it just sort of got better by itself or wasnt as bad as when it first started!!!!!

1-oil leaks/burning
2-idle problems with loss/jerky power at certain revs
3-alternator is making a constant buzzing sound! louder higher the rev!
4-loss of sound through induction intake
5-performance doesnt feel as good as it used to be

i wish i had sorted each problem out as it happend coz now when it goes into garage next week its gonna build up a mega bill!!

but most recently i hav realised the loss of power especially higher up the revs and the intake roar or scooby like sound isnt as good as it used to be!!

any advice or info guys on these problems
cheers
LukeGSi

17th Feb 04 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when was it last serviced?? idle problems could be down to the idle control valve, try giving it a good clean or replace it. Sounds like the alternator is fcuked . No idea why the viper doesnt sound as good anymore, ask around and see if this has happened to anyone else....and replacing the above and a decent service might make overall performance a little better

[Edited on 17-02-2004 by born_upsideout]
broster
Premium Member

17th Feb 04 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur probablyt just use to the sound of the viper to be honest mate. as born_upsidedown says, try giving it a good service, that make a diefference, only cost u £30 for parts and 1hour max to do the lot! and u reallyt can notice a difference when u have serviced ur car if it aint been done for a while! new altinator is about £60-70 not to hard to change to be honest.
Keithie

17th Feb 04 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where is the idle control valve? i wana clean mine too
LukeGSi

17th Feb 04 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Keithie
where is the idle control valve? i wana clean mine too

do a search mate, there will be 9, 467 posts on this...and thats probably just in the last 2 weeks find a decent thread and it'll tell you exactly how to do it!!
broster
Premium Member

17th Feb 04 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also if u look in joff's garage i think he has pics of how to do it
MoNkEy MaGiC

17th Feb 04 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys...but thing is i constantly maintain my car...always keeping everything in engine bay clean and topped up and spark plugs clean and fresh, but i think the idle control and alternator has packed in now, and im prettty sure the rocker cover gasket is gone, fcuking oil all over it!!!!
LukeGSi

17th Feb 04 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoNkEy MaGiC
cheers guys...but thing is i constantly maintain my car...always keeping everything in engine bay clean and topped up and spark plugs clean and fresh, but i think the idle control and alternator has packed in now, and im prettty sure the rocker cover gasket is gone, fcuking oil all over it!!!!

Give it a full service, replace/clean idle valve and get 2nd hand alternator and i bet its run 30 times better
MoNkEy MaGiC

17th Feb 04 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i will give it a good full service then,

anyway wat does the alternator exactly do besides charge the battery?
wat would happen if the alternator belt snapped while driving?
Greasemonkey

17th Feb 04 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Idle control valve unless ya got a mantzel or similar inlet replacment its a right bugger to get at, i have done it a couple of times but its a pig, i got a spare alternator off a GSI matey
broster
Premium Member

17th Feb 04 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the belt snapped while driving and u have a brand new fully chaged batter you will end up breaking down after about 200miles if u dont have a radio on etc...but if its an old batter then ull end up comming to a stop quite soon after the battery light has come on as i found out once! but that was because my altinator packed up!

New Poll