corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » concept 500 ................... again i hear u say

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author concept 500 ................... again i hear u say
baz2003uk

User status: Offline
16th Feb 04 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi

i have had a concept 500 fitted a few days back all is working fine but as with any new toys you play around with it more than normal anyway i was ajusting the proxi sensors and half way doing this the arm and diarm chips was muted (but all was working fine and all other chirps)
i checked this was not turned off in error in the feture section
but i was told i may off drained the back up battery and i would have to drive the car for around 8 hrs (not in 1 go) to charge the back up battery fully

a, is this true
b, what else could it be other than a drained back up battery

cheers baz
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

17th Feb 04 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine went off my 600 the other day, started engine for 2mins, left ignition on for bout 10 mins and chirps were back on.

Have you got the serial link cable?
If so have you used it through a usb-serial adapter?
stubs

17th Feb 04 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, could be true... the battery backup siren mutes the chirps to preserve battery power when it is low...
baz2003uk

17th Feb 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i aint got the serial cable but im getting one from the states for £25 + with software and extra cable for easy use should be here within a week
i have been driving the car for approx 2hrs since but nout as yet (the manual says upto 8 hrs fr a full charge)
has anyone had this problem or could there be a cable lose (cant see it as i didnt move the car it just went while playing with the sensors)

New Poll