corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Chance For You Guys To Help Me With Engine

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Chance For You Guys To Help Me With Engine
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
14th Feb 04 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right its pretty simple really, as you know i need a new crank, i got a C16XE engine, been told the X16XE crank is the same can any one confirm this, been offered one out a X16XEL engine sounds similar to the X16XE which might fit, well to put it simply are all the cranks the same part, got to pick it up tomoz if it is
Sam
Premium Member

14th Feb 04 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Different part numbers according to EPC.
Sam
Premium Member

14th Feb 04 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and the crank for the C16XE and X16XE is the same.
Greasemonkey

14th Feb 04 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats not good news thanks for your help, does that definately mean they are different then, i appreciate this
Sam
Premium Member

14th Feb 04 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I checked the part numbers under the Astra F (ie. mk3 Astra) and Vectra B, and they are different.

But the crankshafts for the C16XE and X16XE for the Corsa B are the same part number.

[Edited on 14/02/04 by Sam]
J da Silva

14th Feb 04 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could you take power crazy to a small court over it mate?
Kerry

14th Feb 04 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxhall are so inconsistent when it comes to engines for different years

when i had an x18xe there was 3 different types xe,xe1 and xe2

the hp,inlet and actually block were different in the same car

even the oil filters were different
Greasemonkey

14th Feb 04 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thats what i am hoping, only porblem, is the work was not origanaly done for me, it was done for Gary King, i bought the engine off him, i got the invoice for all the work, including the re-bore which has caused this, i dont really think i have a leg to stand on cos the work wasnt done for me
Kerry

14th Feb 04 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot was the problem again remind me??
Greasemonkey

14th Feb 04 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the re-bore was bored on the piss, its stressing the main bearing on piston number 1 and screwing it up in under 100miles and every time it has done this it has damaged the crank past the regrindable stage, so far the engine was re-built by power crazy with a whole load of work that was not done but paid for then re-built by my mechanic, and now its back at the mechanics stripped down awaiting a crank and another re-bore, luckily i still got my old block which can be bored correctly this time, there is a way of gettin some compensation but dont want to really mention it on here
Kerry

14th Feb 04 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id of thought once u have a rebore thats not straight no matter wot u do u will never get it right!!!! or it will be bigger than the rest

i had a rebore on my 1.8 astra bottom end and ended up havin to have bmw pistons

once u start reborin a vx engine they become known to become porous surely
Greasemonkey

14th Feb 04 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think you right in what your saying but i got the block from my original engine still, this hasnt been re-bored, but we are gonna rebore it to the same size as the engine thats causing all the problems and use the brand new oversized pistons from it
Kerry

14th Feb 04 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as they have not started wearin oval kus of incorrect rebore u think how fast they go per minute even on tick over

if i was u i would stop wastin ure money on that block and try and get ure money back if u can and rebuild ure own bottom end
Greasemonkey

14th Feb 04 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, we have realised this, the block thats caused all the problems is going in the bin, we are trying to get hold of a crank to re-build my own bottom end but carnt find one!!!, the other option is to buy a brand new bottom end full built up, one thats never been in a car, never been used, we been lookin at them, got some one sourcing one for me, but if we can get a crank it will be allot cheaper, i just wanna walk away from this car at the mo, but cos of all the money invested im am just stuck and gotta spend more to put it right
Kerry

14th Feb 04 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i think ure options are to buy a 2nd hand engine or one thats been rebuilt

good luck let me know how u get on
Greasemonkey

14th Feb 04 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers matey, its been a long 3 months with no car, drove it like 100miles in those 3 months and this was over 2 days, car got smashed up first day, non fault accident £4000 damage and i drove it home from bodyshop last friday to find out the main bearings had eaten the crank, LOL last time i touch a car this is im jinxed i tell ya, just waiting for it to get stolen from the workshop thats how bad my luck is, even having no engine in the car wont effect my bad luck
lol, i will keep ya informed
Kerry

14th Feb 04 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres people worse off than u just keep tellin ureself that
Greasemonkey

14th Feb 04 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest this has got me down so much its almost becoming amusing even funny, think people will look at me and think, at least i aint in as much shit as him, no like you said it aint the end of the world, should be sorted next week, chin up lad
THANKS
big eck

14th Feb 04 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont understand why you are wasting your time with an engine you've got a hard time finding parts for when you've got a perfectly good C20 just sitting there, it may be old as you've said but there are loads of parts available for this engine and they are bullet proof if looked after properly.
Kerry

14th Feb 04 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can see how he feels though i should imagine he paid good money for it !!
Greasemonkey

14th Feb 04 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just know its not gonna go to plan, if i say sod it scrap the 1.6 drop the 2 litre in, i just know my luck, something wont be right, any way my engine will be pushing out probably more BHP than a C20XE anyway, just hasnt got the acceleration and top end
Greasemonkey

14th Feb 04 at 01:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i paid £500 for the engine originally is gonna cost me nearly 3 times that amount to get it right, i didtn know this to start with but there aint no turning back now, well ya gotta laugh,
Kerry

14th Feb 04 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u really need to try get it back
big eck

14th Feb 04 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its a pisser m8 but an XE is deffo the way to go, fair enough your engine will be putting out more BHP than the XE but just look at the hassle your going to to get it there where as the XE is 150+BHP standard and will probably put out more torque, for BHP per pound the XE makes alot more sense.
Greasemonkey

14th Feb 04 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got a 2litre in ya GSI then buddy, does it feel quick, i always think that they wont feel much quicker than my car

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Chance For You Guys To Help Me With Engine 22 database queries in 0.2202840 seconds