corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thieving Vauxhall Gits

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thieving Vauxhall Gits
Chris220

User status: Offline
12th Feb 04 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have owned my Corsa C 1.8 SRi for nearly 3 months and have enjoyed many hours driving. When however, I had a small and occasional 'bump' in the ride quality. This progressed to be, what I thought, more of a concern.
I duly take it to my local dealer ( not where I purchased it ) and the 'technician' took less than 5 minutes to spot that the front wheels had been fitted back to front. As these are directional tyres, it constituted quite a problem and might have been potentially disasterous. Anyway, the tech and the Service Manager discussed whether it was worthy of payment. I was not duly concerned, knowing that I had Network Q and another 2 1/2 years warranty left. My feeling was, if they want to make the other dealership pay, then so be it. Then the surprise!
It seems I was responsible for the £41.13 diagnosis fee. In vain did I protest that paying for a problem that was not of my creation, was absurd. The answer, very simple. "We're franchised!" The universal 'get out' clause. It appears that if I want reimbursement, I must do the leg work and start the telephone marathon to the original dealer to get my money back. After three days of calls and numerous promises to 'get back to me' have failed, I have contacted Vauxhall directly who in turn have begun their own file on this. I still cannot believe, that after spending the best part of 10k, that I must piss about like this. I, like many, buy a new car and enjoy the 'honeymoon' period whereby you are not responsible for any repair bills and any niggly problems are someone else's remit. How wrong can you be?
Shauny9

12th Feb 04 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats shit mate...im looking to get one of the SRI's sorry to be off the topic...are they worth the money u reckon? 10,995 for a 1.4 16v sri...how much upay?
Paul H

12th Feb 04 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good old vauxhall as usual nothing to do with them it's your fault.pisses you off they will try anything to get out of doing warranty work
Sam
Premium Member

12th Feb 04 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's Vauxhall we are talking about here, what did you expect - customer service?

Half Pint

12th Feb 04 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well at Renault they fixed my gearbox under warranty when it went wrong, even tho they neve fitted it.
Sam
Premium Member

12th Feb 04 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
Well at Renault they fixed my gearbox under warranty when it went wrong, even tho they neve fitted it.

That's because they're French and have hairy armpits.
Chris220

12th Feb 04 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, you see, that was the problem. Wheels are not covered by the Network Q guarantee thus creating this situation. Then fact that they both trade under 'Vauxhall' is incidental it seems. A dealership made a mistake but another would not rectify it without some fiscal persuasion.

Bastards!
Sam
Premium Member

12th Feb 04 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall dealers are notorious for "passing the buck"...
sfxer

12th Feb 04 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went to get a quote form vauxhall years ago for some work on my corsa, i specified a QUOTE for the work, they tried to charge me 35 quid to tell me they couldnt give me a quote cos my wheels were too big for any of their equipment!

complete idiots,

i made a scene till they gave me my keys,

tw@ts

[Edited on 12-02-2004 by sfxer]
T.CorsaSRI

12th Feb 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shauny9
thats shit mate...im looking to get one of the SRI's sorry to be off the topic...are they worth the money u reckon? 10,995 for a 1.4 16v sri...how much upay?

yeh got mine for around £10500 brand new, seems alright so far only had it for a few weeks.
MarkM

12th Feb 04 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could you not just ask them to put it back the way it was...and change the wheels yourself??

As it normally doesnt costs to check the car for problems???
paul_spurrell

12th Feb 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would not purchase a vauxhall corsa c. they are worthy of junk. they drive shite, rattle to fuck, trim wear is terrible. reliability on steering components, brakes, and electrics is shite. Dont buy one.

Luckly the dealer where i bought mine from has been very good, but other dealers do not want to know you.
Chris220

13th Feb 04 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was having this debate with the Service Manager. The fee was for the diagnosis and not the actual labour. Asking them to put the wheels back as they were originally would not negate this charge. Anyway, the dealer where I bought the car has phoned and has said it will reimburse the costs. They further questioned why the dealer who carried out the 'repairs' did not contat them first. Just purely money orientated I suppose.
Chris220

24th Feb 04 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Superb result. I wrote a very strongly worded letter to the General Manager of this dealership who in turn contacted me to discuss my grievance. After he upheld the decision made by his Service Manager he then also offered to reimburse my money and to have the car tracked free of charge as a 'gesture of goodwill'. Although he was supporting his staff and the measures they took, I suspect that the offer of money and more technician time best illustrates his true position. They were WRONG.

Anyway, a splendid ending to a Vauxhall saga.
M2RTY

24th Feb 04 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMHO i would cause as much stink for them as physicly possible

write to papers, magazines, TV

i would devote my life to making them look like the twats they are
Chris220

24th Feb 04 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No need. I have made my point and am now better off financially.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thieving Vauxhall Gits 22 database queries in 0.0111129 seconds