corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Infinity 6x9's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Infinity 6x9's
M559 WOW

User status: Offline
6th Feb 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are these worth getting??, as i dont really want to get a sub at this stage but want more bass, im currently running standard rear speakers so obviously any 6x9's will be more bassey than those!! ive just fitted some front infinity 17cm speakers and im quite happy with those.
Im not a big ICE fan so dont really know what makes are good and what are not, but i have been told that infinity are quite good??, correct or not??
cheers for any advice
jonny
baz2003uk

6th Feb 04 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am happy with mine 2 tics i will get model no for u what price u looking at spending?
baz2003uk

6th Feb 04 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

693.5i kappa £130
see link loads to chose from they do a set for £50 my mates got um the back of a rover and they sound ok but less bass
http://www.cel-direct.com/shop1.asp?s_page=speakersize.asp
M559 WOW

6th Feb 04 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks mate, i dont really want to pay more than 100quid if i can help it, would amping the front and rear speakers help alot with the sound quality??, help give more bass etc??
baz2003uk

6th Feb 04 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure about amping the rear's as i have a sub n box put defo amp up front as i have been told on here its where u sit so u want it claer crisp and lould
baz2003uk

6th Feb 04 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u know anythink about pager alarms ?
M559 WOW

6th Feb 04 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wel not much more than u hav sumthin u keep in yor pocket or on car key ring etc, and when yor car alarm goes off this pager starts beeping in yor pocket to tel u sum1's messin with yor car, why??
baz2003uk

6th Feb 04 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see my post help please in help and advise only a few lines down at the mo u will see what i mean
John_C

7th Feb 04 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reference series r good and only cost around 80. need 2 amp them for the best really.

jus get a sub cheaper in the long run
DC

7th Feb 04 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer it is the fronts that need amping really but if uve got a 4 channel amp theres no reason u cant amp the rears aswell, just not with as much power.

What u wil find once uve got subs is bass from 6x9's and even ya fronts is less important because ya subs are so much louder.

Then u can get more volume out of ya fronts n rears by filtering out some of the bass that runs to em.

That means you can turn em up louder before they will destort. Thats what ive found neway.

PS. I think Halfords/Ripspeed are stil selling Infinity 6x9's for £50 reduced from £100
[Edited on 07-02-2004 by DC]

[Edited on 07-02-2004 by DC]
M559 WOW

7th Feb 04 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers lads for the advise, its greatfully recieved!

New Poll