corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Am having a small dilemma!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Am having a small dilemma!
Ali Mc

User status: Offline
   5th Feb 04 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently i've had the most fun owning my corsa 1.6 Sport.

I've beat my bro in his 2.0 XSi and thrashed my mates in their VTR's...makes me realise wot a good little car it really is. Also got it lookin nice with clear rears and some new alloys.

BUT...now i am starting to struggle for money, my wages are just enough to get by each week.

So do i, sell my beloved Corsa and get a cheap diesal.
OR keep the Corsa and struggle to survive.

BUT, i've been thinking, if i sell my car and get a cheap runabout...i can buy a cheap corsa with a fucked engine and drop in a 1.6/2.0 lump and have a bit of fun?
Adam

5th Feb 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you want to sell you perfectly working 1.6, buy a broken 1.2 and pay about £1500 to fit a 1.6 engine
kerzo

5th Feb 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its will cost you too much money for a conversion plus will prob end up more out of pocket
RichR
Premium Member

5th Feb 04 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep the sport -look for a better paid - or second job - I work 3 jobs a week during summer - so I can earn enoug hin 13 weeks to last me through the rest of the year when Im at uni - with student loan as well obviously. Take up a night time job - coupel of nights a wekk bar work - in somewhere relatively quiet - HOGSHEAD or something like that
Pablo

5th Feb 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont waste so much money on petrol and enjoy it
Ali Mc

5th Feb 04 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am a bodyshop worker and am good mates with about 10 mechanics.

My mate jus fitted a 1.6 lump into a 1.2 for £200. Surely the engine cant be that expensive?
Adam

5th Feb 04 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's about £1500 for Lee Mitchell to fit and supply, corect me if I'm wrong
RichR
Premium Member

5th Feb 04 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not neccesarily Adam, for the 1.6 he sorted me a cracking deal out - he had that roleld car for sale last year - and only reason I didnt get it done was because if I waited about 6 months the rise in the insurance was about 10% of what it would have been if I had it done then ( if that makes sense)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Am having a small dilemma! 22 database queries in 0.0121179 seconds