corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Which ICE?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which ICE?
ed

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 04 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonna be upgrading my ICE soon. Which stuff should I go for. I've been tempted to get some Fusion stuff cos its pretty to look at ... Or some Audiobahn gear for the same reason! This stuff is quite expensive though and I was thinking that there may be some different stuff for sale for similar $. Any ideas? I want 2 x 2 Channel amps - brigable for a 12" sub, some 6x9's, a 12" sub and some components...
SteveW

3rd Feb 04 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i would say not to go for 6x9's but others say to get them.. It really all depends on what you are looking for.

If you want crazy loud or really nice sounds.. are you wanting an install that will make people drool, or are you after something that is simple and effective ??

Also what style of music do you listen to?? That will show what equipment you really need.

sorry for all the questions mate, but i wanna try and help you as much as possible
ed

3rd Feb 04 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea the problem I found with the 6x9's is that there was too much sound in the back... If i got components and put them in the doors then i'm gessing i'd get the sme ammount of sounds just up front instead? Whats the problem with getting 6x9's cos I read in a different post not to use them...

Oh yea. I'm gonna be playing Hip Hop mainly, i want to keep it nice and simple and to have it looking quite nice as the amps and sub are going to be on show...
ed

3rd Feb 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

running the comps off the amp obviously - instead of having some 6x9's on the parcel shelf...
andy hirst

4th Feb 04 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you go to a concert do you stand with you back to the stage?

This is the same as putting 6x9's in the back. You want some good comps in the front and for hip hop an good 12" sub in the boot all running off 1 or 2 amps. also get good cabling!
ed

4th Feb 04 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes sense... But which stuff to go for!?!! I'm gonna get some comps for up front and I want a 12" sub, I wanna power it off 2 amps I think...

What about the Phoenix Gold Octane R series? They look pretty trick!

[Edited on 04-02-2004 by 1800ed]
andy hirst

4th Feb 04 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they do look good. Get this amp its made focal and is specifically for running comps up front and a sub. Im getting it with this sub. The amp will save space and it looks good also will be slightly cheaper than buying 2 2ch amps.
ed

5th Feb 04 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You reckon that'll be loud on that amp though? Cos its only gonna be 75w on the comps up front? I got 200w 6x9's at the mo, if poss I wanna keep the system as loud as i got at the mo!
lozzy

5th Feb 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont get the 6x9s as they cancel out some of the bass frequencys ad eventually the sub will destroy them, get some decent components and amp them then you will be happy as larry
andy hirst

6th Feb 04 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

75w up front is about right, you dont need as much power for the high frequencies. 250w at the rear running a 300w rms sub would be loud but more importantly good quality. never comprimise quality for loudness, you will regret it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Which ICE? 23 database queries in 0.0119481 seconds