corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C 20 XE Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C 20 XE Help
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 04 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone please help me and tell me what I need to carry out a C 20 XE Conversion. I am putting it into a GSI and I am selling all the bits that I do not use, I am getting conflicting reports as to exactly what I need do I need to uprate the driveshafts some say I do some say they are strong enough to withstand the weight of the engine, would it just be easier to buy the conversion kit from pvd or somewhere like that and then the engine gear box and whatever else ???

Thanks for anyone that can help me out I ned this info as soon as possible so I can start buying the bits as I want it doing before the end of March at the latest, Regards Paul....
Dave

2nd Feb 04 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buying the complete kit from PVD is probably the easiest way but also the most expensive (except from getting Courtenay to fit it)

You will need new driveshafts, you can either get specific Corsa ones (expensive) or use Astra ones with modified hubs.

Bodywork mount depends on whether you have power steering or not, I think Lee Mitchell can knock these up pretty cheap though.

You will also need something to replace the SFI box, a powercap from PVD does the job but some people use a pipe that flows straight into the TB, not sure of the score on these, ask Beardy or J100RSA.

Other than that everything else is pretty much a straight swap from what I can remember.
Adam-D

2nd Feb 04 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u will need up rated driveshafts and hubs
special 2ltre engine mounts the 2ltr 16v g'box
induction kit and anti roll bar mounts so it clears the 1ltr exhaust manifold
and astra acelerator cable
the pvd kit comes with a powercap u need to cut the bulkhead for this
but if u get the plastic inlet of a x20xe engine u dont need this

adam
Karnage Corsa

3rd Feb 04 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Adam-D

3rd Feb 04 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know pvd fitting kit is a little expensive
but if u ask-u2u lee mitchell he can make and source most parts for you
only bonus of the kit is u get peace of mind if anything breaks send it back and you get a fitting guide
m-tech do a kit
and so do cossvaux i belive

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C 20 XE Help 23 database queries in 0.0102060 seconds