corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving Test Help; Grrr!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driving Test Help; Grrr!
ricKA

User status: Offline
   1st Feb 04 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got my third test coming up in the next few weeks. The first I came away with six minors and a dangerous (stupid lady waved me on and decided to go at the same time), the second was just a poor drive, 11 minors and a dangerous, no complaints there. Just wondering what I can do to calm myself before it and on it. I drive almost perfectly on lessons, but when it comes to the test, I go to pieces. Funny thing is, I'm not normally nervous about anything, 99% of the time I'm as laid back as they come.
Mase
Premium Member

1st Feb 04 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went into my test thinking i was going to fail and that it didn't really matter if i did. This calmed me down loads for some reason and i passed 1st time with 8 minors

Mase
ricKA

1st Feb 04 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a good point there, first and second time I told most people I know, this time I've told three people to keep the pressure down. If I do fail, they aren't going to make a big deal out of it.
CorsaLad16v

1st Feb 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mase5
i went into my test thinking i was going to fail and that it didn't really matter if i did. This calmed me down loads for some reason and i passed 1st time with 8 minors

i passed 1st time wiv 8 minors too
but i went in knowing i could drive as i have been learning and i knew i was ready for it, i realised its only another person sat next to me whilst driving n i felt calmer.

3rd time lucky hopefully for u
Gavin
Premium Member

1st Feb 04 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was shit nervous when i went out on my pre-test drive...

my legs were fucking shanking and i couldnt control the peds properly.....

but once the test started i was ok.. just calmed down and took things slowly

Good luck

pew pew pew pewwwww
Shane

1st Feb 04 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well u know u have an hour lesson b4, i didnt, my driving instructor got the times wrong and i managed to get to the test centre bout 3 mins to spare, when i was getting in the car for the test my phone rang, it was the police confirming that i was gonna go in and give a statement, coz i had my car broken in2 2 days earlyer,

the best metod i found for passing the test was talking to the test bloke try and make him laugh coz then thee more interested in talking to you than seeing wat ur doing, it took me 4 times to work that out, and i failed for stupid things, like speeding cutting up a nova on a roundabout etc...
Simon

1st Feb 04 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have some music on low, you have to ask the examiner but unless they are fucktards they will let you, i passed listening to Chilli peppers. examiner complimented my music, said it was good to have someone with a decent choice of music for a cahnge
CorsaLad16v

1st Feb 04 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by safe_si
have some music on low, you have to ask the examiner but unless they are fucktards they will let you, i passed listening to Chilli peppers. examiner complimented my music, said it was good to have someone with a decent choice of music for a cahnge

just make sure its not goin thru the sub in the boot n the 6x9's in the parcel shelf... i'm sure the instructor would be pleased
cooperjazzy55

1st Feb 04 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can start driving on the road on May 19th, would there be any chance I would be able to pass by the 31st December?
Drew
Banned

1st Feb 04 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cooperjazzy55
i can start driving on the road on May 19th, would there be any chance I would be able to pass by the 31st December?

yeah easy - say 15-20 lessons, one a week - then test -
Mase
Premium Member

1st Feb 04 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my birthday was on 30th june last year, and i passed on 12th november after 4 an a bit months

Mase
cooperjazzy55

1st Feb 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, do u no if the intesence courses are any good? where they promise u a pass within 36 hours? (sorry for the bad spelling)
ventedvaux

1st Feb 04 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a early morning test and you r sat in traffic thats wot happend on my test and i only got 3 miners but i had to do a emergancy stop and it was pissing down thought he was going through windscreen
Trucido

1st Feb 04 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do ur test in Bristol I was driving with the handbrake on, didn't complete reversing around the corner (someone came up behind me n wudnt move) and was in the wrong lane on a roundabout and still passed with 5 minors
corsa-sxi

1st Feb 04 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took exactly 6mnths to pass, 1st time 5 minors, theory 35/35
luca2020

1st Feb 04 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took me 6 weeks after my 17th bday to pass

passed 1st time, 5 minors

all i can say is just to do things slowly so that u dont make a nervous mistake, and if u do do something wrong forget about it and carry on the best u can

i screwed up my 3 point turn, but because i remained calm, and carried on propley, she only gave me a minor for it, i could of sworn i had failed tho, but i dient
Gavin
Premium Member

1st Feb 04 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i passed as well 1st time..... got 9 minors!

i was well

pew pew pew pewwwww
Gav S

1st Feb 04 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started learning on friday, my next one is this friday, he went through all the bloody controls etc, did two laps of local industrial estate, and he told me i could go out on the roads
i drove it round for half an hour an drove it home, he told me i'll pass in no time come on!
mike_1.2LS96

1st Feb 04 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started in May and passed 2nd time in August. And made about 20 lessons out of that time.
leeshez

1st Feb 04 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3rd time lucky
Corsa2k

1st Feb 04 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did a intesive course and id only had 5 leasons before, i had to have 4 hrs of driving which was in a week and at the end of the week i had my driving test and passed first time with 1 minor so alltogether i had 9 hrs of driving lessons but i failed my theroy 3 times in 2 years lol i couldnt be arsed to drive i was lazy back then but i relize that i couldnt relie on ther ppl so i just went for it and passed.

i would say intesive courses r very very good and they r right in what they say u will pass at the end of it
cooperjazzy55

1st Feb 04 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa2k
i did a intesive course and id only had 5 leasons before, i had to have 4 hrs of driving which was in a week and at the end of the week i had my driving test and passed first time with 1 minor so alltogether i had 9 hrs of driving lessons but i failed my theroy 3 times in 2 years lol i couldnt be arsed to drive i was lazy back then but i relize that i couldnt relie on ther ppl so i just went for it and passed.

i would say intesive courses r very very good and they r right in what they say u will pass at the end of it

Thanks for that! I know they are quite expensive so I just wanted to ask
Skinner

2nd Feb 04 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i passed first time with 3 minors
but failed my theory first time
good luck with ur test
luca2020

2nd Feb 04 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer i done a internsive course, but was spread over 2 weeks, only done 10hrs wih instructer, but i went out driving with my dad everyday so that ehlped + i was driving on private roads since i was young lol
Mattss Corsa

2nd Feb 04 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Failed My Thoery 1st Time,
Test Is On The 20th Of Febuary
Got 32/35 For My Thoery
Ive Had Bout 14 Lessons, About And Another 4 More Till My Test, I Cant Wait, Cause Driving Come Natural For Me Lol, Started Doing It Illegally For 2 Years, Wen I Was 14 I Started I Think
Don't Do It No More, Ive Grown Up

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving Test Help; Grrr! 23 database queries in 0.1003001 seconds