corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what is faster than a CRX

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what is faster than a CRX
Snyx

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 04 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, it was me who bought the CRX for £3k

Its a J-reg, with full Honda service history and only 68k on the clock and not a spot of rust

B16a1 engine, 160bhp as standard and it would see off any standard Corsa, even Corsas with sunstrips and neons

As for being ripped off, no I wasn't. This is a rare, fast and in-demand car; I have already been offered £3600 for it but have no intention of selling it
Snyx

2nd Feb 04 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
"Erm....the old H plate vtec's are shite...and yes my gsi does "take them" no problem,"

Its a J-plate, its not shite, and yes it does "take" your GSi

[Edited on 02-02-2004 by Snyx]
nik

2nd Feb 04 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't even rise to the bait mate If anything on this site isn't a Corsa it's obviously slow!
Snyx

2nd Feb 04 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh fair enough, its just weak when people abuse other peoples cars; most probably don't even know what a CRX looks like :/
Adam_B

2nd Feb 04 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno if uve seen it mr crx man, but my mate uses crx uk.

http://www.hondacrx.co.uk/

they dont like motors with sunstrips and neons either
nik

2nd Feb 04 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, Hondas are great fun Wouldnt mind a CRX - little go karts
Snyx

2nd Feb 04 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bah sorry, I thought corsasport was mainly about neons, sunstrips and blue washer thingys; maybe I was wrong
nik

2nd Feb 04 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Snyx
Bah sorry, I thought corsasport was mainly about neons, sunstrips and blue washer thingys; maybe I was wrong

No I think you were correct the first time
Snyx

2nd Feb 04 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stuart123

10th Feb 04 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I honestly don’t think you corsa owners give a good representation of your message board, I've read all the threads you have posted and most of you are complete idiots that cant be bothered researching about other cars. ie CRX's
You honestly think you can take a MK2 UK CRX Vtec (160bhp) or the MK2 JDM CRX vtec (170bhp)? (the same specs for the del sol's too) It's kinda funny, you guys are like, 'can take em' easy. You forgot that some of these CRX's also have NOS OR Turbo's. You seem to forget other cars have mods too!!! (Greasemonkey!!!) If you think that your cars are the best in the world because you've modded them and blag and shout your mouths off about 'taking' a standard production car when you don’t actually know how fast they actually are. Im your your in for a shock the next time you see a standard CRX, or even one with NOS or a Turbo on the strip!!!

Some of you did talk sense, but the List of idiots that make this message board look bad are!!

1. vibrio
2. born_upsideout
3. Greasemonkey
3. SQUARE
4. nik
5. Greg12v

You guys have no idea!!!!
Tim
Site Administrator

10th Feb 04 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What kinda 1/4's are CRX's putting out, out of interest?

Quite interested as I've never come across one to compare my car against...
vibrio
Banned

10th Feb 04 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuart123
I honestly don’t think you corsa owners give a good representation of your message board, I've read all the threads you have posted and most of you are complete idiots that cant be bothered researching about other cars. ie CRX's
You honestly think you can take a MK2 UK CRX Vtec (160bhp) or the MK2 JDM CRX vtec (170bhp)? (the same specs for the del sol's too) It's kinda funny, you guys are like, 'can take em' easy. You forgot that some of these CRX's also have NOS OR Turbo's. You seem to forget other cars have mods too!!! (Greasemonkey!!!) If you think that your cars are the best in the world because you've modded them and blag and shout your mouths off about 'taking' a standard production car when you don’t actually know how fast they actually are. Im your your in for a shock the next time you see a standard CRX, or even one with NOS or a Turbo on the strip!!!

Some of you did talk sense, but the List of idiots that make this message board look bad are!!

1. vibrio
2. born_upsideout
3. Greasemonkey
3. SQUARE
4. nik
5. Greg12v

Yeah I'm number one

p.s you seem to forget that he bought a 1.6 16V which is 130hp which is slower. you also seem to forget that people on here have modified cars too, you also seem to forget that you a CHUMP and have not got a clue.

p.p.s PMSL at "You forgot that some of these CRX's also have NOS OR Turbo's" so all CRX's with a nitrous oxide injection system only buy from the one company

p.p.p.s the uk CRX VTi 158hp model is slower than me standard PGTF
vibrio
Banned

10th Feb 04 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
What kinda 1/4's are CRX's putting out, out of interest?

Quite interested as I've never come across one to compare my car against...

standard UK crx is 16s 1/6 down to driver. similar performance to GT, VTS etc but got feck all torque
vibrio
Banned

10th Feb 04 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Its a J-reg, with full Honda service history and only 68k on the clock and not a spot of rust

B16a1 engine, 160bhp as standard and it would see off any standard Corsa, even Corsas with sunstrips and neons

As for being ripped off, no I wasn't. This is a rare, fast and in-demand car; I have already been offered £3600 for it but have no intention of selling it

no you were ripped off. your a fool especially for not selling
Tim
Site Administrator

10th Feb 04 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right... so 160bhp at silly rpm then?
vibrio
Banned

10th Feb 04 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
Ah right... so 160bhp at silly rpm then?

yeah torque the same around 5500rpm
LukeGSi

10th Feb 04 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:

1. vibrio
2. born_upsideout
3. Greasemonkey
3. SQUARE
4. nik
5. Greg12v

Yeah I'm number one
p.s you seem to forget that he bought a 1.6 16V which is 130hp which is slower. you also seem to forget that people on here have modified cars too, you also seem to forget that you a CHUMP and have not got a clue.
p.p.s PMSL at "You forgot that some of these CRX's also have NOS OR Turbo's" so all CRX's with a nitrous oxide injection system only buy from the one company
p.p.p.s the uk CRX VTi 158hp model is slower than me standard PGTF

Fcuking fool, if you hate corsas/corsa drivers so much fcuk off to a different forum!!! and yeah once again, all the mk2 crx's i have ever raced i have taken, untill i get thrashed by one my opinion wont change!!
vibrio
Banned

10th Feb 04 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by born_upsideout
quote:

1. vibrio
2. born_upsideout
3. Greasemonkey
3. SQUARE
4. nik
5. Greg12v

Fcuking fool, if you hate corsas/corsa drivers so much fcuk off to a different forum!!! and yeah once again, all the mk2 crx's i have ever raced i have taken, untill i get thrashed by one my opinion wont change!!

please do not quote me when your directing your rant towards someone else

[Edited on 10-02-2004 by vibrio]
Screaming Vtec

10th Feb 04 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You got a good deal there matey

Anyone on here who jumps on the 'no torque' bandwagen, hasnt driven a Honda VTEC

Name a 1.6 engine that has more torque than the 1.6 Vtec b16a?...

Thats the beauty of VTEC, torque at low revs, power at high revs...

And to anyone that calls the 16v slow, even a 16-16 will piss on any STANDARD corsa..

Then once you start talking modified, there are a LOT of CRX's that will waste any Corsas (even 2.0 turbo corsas)..

Hondas are better than Vauxhall FULL STOP, thats why they actually hold their value..

[Edited on 10-02-2004 by Screaming Vtec]
Screaming Vtec

10th Feb 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

B16a is one of the finest engines ever.. Vauxhall engines are definatly not the finest
Screaming Vtec

10th Feb 04 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In answer to the original question , a Prelude VTEC would be slightly faster, and also cheaper..

CRX is still a very good choice thou..
vibrio
Banned

10th Feb 04 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Vtec
quote:

You got a good deal there matey

Anyone on here who jumps on the 'no torque' bandwagen, hasnt driven a Honda VTEC

Name a 1.6 engine that has more torque than the 1.6 Vtec b16a?...

Thats the beauty of VTEC, torque at low revs, power at high revs...

And to anyone that calls the 16v slow, even a 16-16 will piss on any STANDARD corsa..

Then once you start talking modified, there are a LOT of CRX's that will waste any Corsas (even 2.0 turbo corsas)..

Hondas are better than Vauxhall FULL STOP, thats why they actually hold their value..

[Edited on 10-02-2004 by Screaming Vtec]

it;s not so much the peak torque but the spread of torque, the older 1.6 VTEC's were piss poor for low down torque. the GM 1.6 is a better all round engine because of it's spread and tunablity IMHO.

Honda's are good cars no one is disputing that. but 3k for an old car like that is a rip off and you know it
Screaming Vtec

10th Feb 04 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet he doesnt lose money on it when he sells it thou..

True its a lot of money for a car that age, but the value of mint crx's is on the UP...
charcoalgrill

10th Feb 04 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
In answer to the original question , a Prelude VTEC would be slightly faster, and also cheaper..

now y didnt some 1 reply like this instead of slagging it off
vibrio
Banned

10th Feb 04 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by charcoalgrill
quote:

now y didnt some 1 reply like this instead of slagging it off

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
Cav/Cally turbo, 16v GTE and the rest on tuning bits.

Or, a cheap Corsa, C20XE and some good brakes/suspension and a bit of engine work.

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio

3k PMFSL

as for beating it. me

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what is faster than a CRX 22 database queries in 0.1883869 seconds