corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any ideas on a repair price??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any ideas on a repair price??
jrsteeve

User status: Offline
   28th Jan 04 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hit the kerb this morning and the front right wheel of my Corsa C was pushed back into the back of the arch. The AA guy thought it might be a snapped wishbone. The wheels both point the same way when turned with the steering wheel, and otherwise it all looks normal. Its just put the wheel further back than normal and won't move apart from left to right.

The front left wheel is completely fine though, if that makes a difference.

Any idea how much it might cost to replace and fit a new wishbone.

Is there anything else it could be?

cheers
Kris TD

28th Jan 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of my mates just did this to his corsa about 2 weeks ago.

on his he needed:
new wishbone, new strut
new tie bar
new wheel bearing
new rim
chassis straightening as it had bent it, new radiator as all the mounts snapped off it

take your front bumper off and check that it hasnt bent any of the front cross member/slam panel.

hes repair price is gonna cost him jus £500 on parts plus anything else they charge labour.
jrsteeve

28th Jan 04 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£500? Shit!

I hit a huge patch of ice and there was just no stopping at all. I was the 3rd today at the same place apparently.

Couldn't move it at all, so had to leave it blocking the road - it was a quiet road tho!
jrsteeve

28th Jan 04 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bodywork is absolutely fine so i don't know if its done any major damage, had to leave it with vaux in Manchester, but they don't have any courtesy cars for 1 week!!

Not happy
Kris TD

28th Jan 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well when we looked at his is didnt look that bad, then when took the bumper off and the wheel saw the damage, i can almost guarentee it wont just be the wishbone, as thats connected to the tiebar, which is connected to the chassis, there is a very high chance you have the same damage as above, oh that 500 quid was parts only, hes looking at a grand plus for the full job.
jrsteeve

28th Jan 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

uh oh

If its more than £200 i'm gonna have it taken to my dads place at Perrys in Preston.

Anyone know how much towing would be for 35 miles?
jrsteeve

28th Jan 04 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave

28th Jan 04 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably about £200, you'll need somewhere with a flat bed too, don't think they will be able to spec lift with a broken front leg.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any ideas on a repair price?? 22 database queries in 0.0097330 seconds