corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car insurance set to rise by £60?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car insurance set to rise by £60?
mk4_astra

User status: Offline
   26th Jan 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just heard on radio 1 that car insurance is going to increase by £60 coz of the number of people driving without insurance is increasing meaning insurance companies having to pay out, they said it would either rise by £60 or petrol prices will go up, why dont they increase the fines/sentence for caught with no insurance?
any else know anything about this?
corsa-sxi

26th Jan 04 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard it, premium increase is just a joke, how can they do that to us paying customers grrrr
koolkorsa

26th Jan 04 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the police should start doing something useful and find drivers who are driving without insurance and tax etc. It's not hard, all they need to do is set up some sort of system based on car registratoin database, tax database, insurers database and some cameras.
StuartVRS

26th Jan 04 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we havent done bad then, last years insurance was 920 quid, this years is now 574 quid Tried the ones with discount from here and were over 900 quid more than our best quote from admiral
Siberia

26th Jan 04 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really lads you have it easy in the uk

come to ireland and try even getting a qoute for a corsa with a 2ltr engine in it even with a full NCB

i'm 27 with a 1.2 8v and it costs me £2000

then u have the tax scam here to

i have a friend that has a 2.2ltr honda prelude and his tax costs him £700 a year

and then VRT. if you buy a new car lets say for 21k... 7k of that is VRT which means when u drive that car off the lot and around the block its worth 7k less

sorry to keep going on but its very frustrating
Nath

26th Jan 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Singapore is worse, you have to pay to use the roads and nearly every road is a toll road. You have to pay in the region of £10k per year in Singapore to use the roads.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car insurance set to rise by £60? 22 database queries in 0.0113089 seconds