corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who on CS has C20XE, C20LET or highly tuned X14XE/X16XE??

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who on CS has C20XE, C20LET or highly tuned X14XE/X16XE??
Daimo B

User status: Offline
27th Jan 04 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jr, yeah thats the one

DimDG, They are not proper throttle bodies.

THESE are proper throttle bodies

The ones you have are similar but travel up and through an air filter just the same as the Dbalis ones we have over here.

130bhp is a gain similar to the Mantzel Box, Velos Tube and Dbalis inlet (similar to urs).

bradfincham

27th Jan 04 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isnt it an enlarged throttle body? getiing air into the engine faster??

tb's like the jnevey ones have the trumpets like daimo's piccy, give 160bhp on a standard x16xe!
S1MON

27th Jan 04 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bros has a C20XE just been fitted wgich will be tuned lots and lots yipppeee
vibrio
Banned

27th Jan 04 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
jr, yeah thats the one

The ones you have are similar but travel up and through an air filter just the same as the Dbalis ones we have over here.

130bhp is a gain similar to the Mantzel Box, Velos Tube and Dbalis inlet (similar to urs).

NO Daimo they are proper if each of the inlets has it's own throttle butterfly

[Edited on 27-01-2004 by vibrio]
DimDG

27th Jan 04 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
jr, yeah thats the one

Correct my if I am wrong, but the DBilas/Mantzel ones don't use 4 butterflies, 1 for each of the cylinders but 1 for all of them. Mine I repeat have 4 butterflies instead of 1.
The difference between mine and the Jenvey ones is that in mine, the throttle bodies connect in one on the top, so that u can even use the original filter, instead of the Jenvey ones.
The term "throttle bodies" has to do with the face that there are 4 butterflies instead of one, as fas as I know...
vibrio
Banned

27th Jan 04 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DimDG
quote:
jr, yeah thats the one

Correct my if I am wrong, but the DBilas/Mantzel ones don't use 4 butterflies, 1 for each of the cylinders but 1 for all of them. Mine I repeat have 4 butterflies instead of 1.
The difference between mine and the Jenvey ones is that in mine, the throttle bodies connect in one on the top, so that u can even use the original filter, instead of the Jenvey ones.
The term "throttle bodies" has to do with the face that there are 4 butterflies instead of one, as fas as I know...

yes but Daimo is never wrong
Daimo B

27th Jan 04 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
No Daimo they are proper if each of the inlets has it's own throttle butterfly

I didn't see that bit of his post. Trust good old stalker though to pick it up

jambogsi

27th Jan 04 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a c20xe corsa gsi
vibrio
Banned

27th Jan 04 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
No Daimo they are proper if each of the inlets has it's own throttle butterfly

I didn't see that bit of his post. Trust good old stalker though to pick it up

Daimo B

27th Jan 04 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Now its time for YOU to read the whole post cock ring.
I am wrong a lot of the time, and i am right a lot of the time.

You just get all excited, wet your pants and post up

These Stienmetz jobbies sound pretty good. 48mm though and it only made 130bhp?

WE get fuck all over here in the Uk really Even finding a Stenmetz lip for a Pre 97 corsas over here like rocking horse sh1t
bradfincham

27th Jan 04 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

DimDG

27th Jan 04 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfinchamtb's like the jnevey ones have the trumpets like daimo's piccy, give 160bhp on a standard x16xe!

That's what I am trying to say, it's not the trumpets that make the throttle bodies but the number of the butterflies! And the fact that they do not take air straightly from their trumpets, reduce their high-power output but increase the reliability of the engine...

[Edited on 27-01-2004 by DimDG]
Daimo B

27th Jan 04 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bradfinchamtb's like the jnevey ones have the trumpets like daimo's piccy, give 160bhp on a standard x16xe!

That's what I am trying to say, it's not the trumpets that make the throttle bodies but the number of the butterflies! And the face that they do not take air straightly from their trumpets, reduce their high-power output but increase the reliability of the engine...

Ahhh hence why the power is down on expected.

Can you take off the back air router and place a sock over the ends of the 4 trumpets as on normal setups?
bradfincham

27th Jan 04 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thats make us both correct then!
its just the only throttle body kits i have seen over here have four trumpets that take air directly in!
hence why we get 160bhp, also that is reliable and has a good torque curve! but does cost £2000
Daimo B

27th Jan 04 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much did the stienmetz kit cost out of interest? (comparing to UK aftermarket TB prices).
DimDG

27th Jan 04 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

WE get fuck all over here in the Uk really Even finding a Stenmetz lip for a Pre 97 corsas over here like rocking horse sh1t

U are unlucky, a year ago I sold a Steinmetz front bumper lip (pre 97 bumper) to a guy in Greece, I didn't have a clue there was ebay then
vibrio
Banned

27th Jan 04 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Now its time for YOU to read the whole post cock ring.
I am wrong a lot of the time, and i am right a lot of the time.

DimDG

27th Jan 04 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How much did the stienmetz kit cost out of interest? (comparing to UK aftermarket TB prices).

Let me tell you this. My car used to be 1.4 16V and I paid 2000 pounds for a 1.6 16V engine conversion+throttle bodies+ECU reprogrammed. That was 4 years ago though...
vibrio
Banned

27th Jan 04 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

That's what I am trying to say, it's not the trumpets that make the throttle bodies but the number of the butterflies! And the face that they do not take air straightly from their trumpets, reduce their high-power output but increase the reliability of the engine...

Ahhh hence why the power is down on expected.

Can you take off the back air router and place a sock over the ends of the 4 trumpets as on normal setups?

not likely. the AFM looks like it is still in place and from what he said before it was just a chip rather than a whole knew ECU ( although UNICHIP can be used to map TB's)
bradfincham

27th Jan 04 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

over here, you would pay £500 for a 1.6 engine and conv, and £1000 on a mantzel and unichip to get around the same bhp you have if not a little bit more. Or you would pay £2500 for a conversion and 165 bhp
DimDG

27th Jan 04 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[quoteAhhh hence why the power is down on expected.

Yes, this can be done, but need to find trumpets to fit since if I simply take off the air router (the upper body with the steiny logo), it will be difficult for them to take air because of their low position... But anyway, I don't want to be a part of this story, I like it as it is, I could have bought the Jenvey ones from the first place
Daimo B

27th Jan 04 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
[quoteAhhh hence why the power is down on expected.

Yes, this can be done, but need to find trumpets to fit since if I simply take off the air router (the upper body with the steiny logo), it will be difficult for them to take air because of their low position... But anyway, I don't want to be a part of this story, I like it as it is, I could have bought the Jenvey ones from the first place

Nahh thats cool, just wanted to know to be sure
Andy

27th Jan 04 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

That's what I am trying to say, it's not the trumpets that make the throttle bodies but the number of the butterflies! And the fact that they do not take air straightly from their trumpets, reduce their high-power output but increase the reliability of the engine...

[Edited on 27-01-2004 by DimDG]

How does not taking air from 4 individual trumpets increase the reliability of the engine?
Andy

27th Jan 04 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
With the throttle bodies on and reprogrammed ECU by Steinmetz, it used to run 130bhp. Now many things have changed (engine rebuilt, pistons, cams, polished cylinderhead, compression ratio 11:1 etc), haven't rolling road'd it yet, but it must uns aproximately 155-160 bhp...

If you had used individual trumpets and a conventional throttle body system with all those mods above, you'd be looking at 180-190bhp easy. I think this is why some people have referred to your kit as not being 'proper' throttle bodies. What's the point of providing 4 separate air intakes to allow more air (plus more fuel) into the engine if you then restrict it all again by making the engine breathe through one convoluted air intake?
DimDG

27th Jan 04 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andy I was talkng about the throttle bodies that have trumpets without any filter on them. In that case, the engine swallows all the dust and all the garbage which is not good for its reliability...

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who on CS has C20XE, C20LET or highly tuned X14XE/X16XE?? 22 database queries in 0.0180779 seconds