corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What midi player?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What midi player?
Munchie

User status: Offline
25th Jan 04 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im after a fookin boss cd player like this....

dont wanna spend 2 much tho! it has 2 have loads and loads of bass!! like 300 watt!!! cheers people find me a good 1! good make etc
Dom

25th Jan 04 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you ill be lucky to find a hifi system that wacks out 300wRMS mate my system knocks out 30wRMS and its plenty loud enough, but then again it cost over a grand and sounds SWEET
However mate, it all depends how much dosh you have to spend? if its only a few hundred, then look at adding a sub to your current system, if it has a output of some sort...ie: power-amp out, or a tape out etc, NOT headphone ouput obviously
eitherway mate have a butch on www.richersounds.co.uk and see what mini systems they have going
MikeE

25th Jan 04 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes richersounds are ur friend for all ur hifi needs
Dom

25th Jan 04 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MikeE

yea if your after so so stuff that is about 3 years out of date
if your really serious about hifi/cinema etc then your local hifi place will be better and they will know what their doing
MikeE

25th Jan 04 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
quote:
Originally posted by MikeE

yea if your after so so stuff that is about 3 years out of date
if your really serious about hifi/cinema etc then your local hifi place will be better and they will know what their doing

good prices tho
Munchie

25th Jan 04 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok....i might get seperates now.....all i want is a amp, radio and cd player....plus mega speakers....or i might get 1 of dem boss systems that are proper loud...and there is 300w hifis on ebay mate!!!!
Richie

26th Jan 04 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol fookin ell if u want LOUD get some fucking huge cabs like me.

Gemini X4 at £219, class performing amp http://www.ecwuk.com/disco/sound/power_amplifiers/gemini_x/x4.htm

And a pair of Gemini GX-400 at £370
http://www.ecwuk.com/disco/sound/speakers/cabinets/gemini/gx400.htm

Now thats loud fuckin stuff for ya room, and excellent quality with the right EQ's too.
Munchie

26th Jan 04 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not that loud!!!! i want suttin that looks FIT!!! But is not too expensive
Munchie

26th Jan 04 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going to comet now!
Richie

26th Jan 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol why bother
Munchie

26th Jan 04 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat ya mean
Melville

26th Jan 04 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a Sony midi system with a sub and altho people say Sony is wank I think it sounds ace. I would say if you want an all round round try and get a setup with a sub or option for a sub
Richie

26th Jan 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

boom 360wRMS 800watt max
Melville

26th Jan 04 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks wank

and I cant see that pushing out 360w but I might be mistaken. Ive got some bose cabs that handle 300w and there a fair size bigger than them
MikeE

26th Jan 04 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seperates are the way forward
Dom

26th Jan 04 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all wank 300w systems...yeaaahhh O...K
id like to see 300wRMS coming outta the jvc its pure bollox, since propper hifi stuff is usually rate 30w-100wRMS(at the most) and alot of it is plenty loud in enough my arcam amp is 40wRMS and its fooking loud when turned up and the A&E speaker supply plenty of bass, yet still able to keep the upper end so the bass doesnt drown the sound quality
Basically mate, if your after loud gear, the get DJ'ing stuff/PA systems etc otherwise these mini system are propper PISH only stuff i can really say that is good, is the dennon's mini systems. They sound great for the price and the speakers that come with them are fairly good

like i said munch, if ya after bass then get an active sub, like ones used for home cinema setups - my bros got one and when he used to live here, the thing shock the house to shit IE - cabins would open up downstairs, lights swing that kinda shit, and it wasnt even turned up that much so
however mate go the seperates way, get a nice little setup, go richersounds since it fairly cheap etc Look at cambridge audio, nad, marantz etc speaker wise, missions are alright, not as good as they used to be, look at shorts are alright. Then add an active sub and voila, nice system, but if ya want the bass then turn on the sub
Munchie

28th Jan 04 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sssounddddddddd
Richie

28th Jan 04 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
id like to see 300wRMS coming outta the jvc

You go get a meter on it and find out otherwise you can do them for false advertising. Alot of people do that just to get some form of compensation. JVC arent guys who piss about, i have a system from 1990 here thats never broken down and is still working a fucking pearler, tis used near enough every day. Rated power of that is 2x75wRMS and speakers are motorised.
Munchie

29th Jan 04 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking for cd decks now!
Dom

29th Jan 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AustinPXX
quote:
id like to see 300wRMS coming outta the jvc

You go get a meter on it and find out otherwise you can do them for false advertising. Alot of people do that just to get some form of compensation. JVC arent guys who piss about, i have a system from 1990 here thats never broken down and is still working a fucking pearler, tis used near enough every day. Rated power of that is 2x75wRMS and speakers are motorised.

no trust me its all bollox, otherwise you would see decent systems and manufacturers pumping out 300wRMS etc And by decent stuff, im not talking about jvc, goodmans, sony, philips, aiwa, bush etc Im talking about arcam, nad, dennon, cyrus, Onkyo, Yoshino etc stuff that will set you back a few hundred quid just for one component And about that jvc mini-system, it probably isnt 360wRMS per channel, its probably divided by the whole speakers or something, which would mean about 90wRMS etc
At the end of the day, manufacturers like jvc etc just want something to stamp on the box so that consumers that havnt got a clue about hifi's say "niiice, its got 360watts of power, yea ill take that please".

Munch mate, if you after power and loudness then get a PA system. Ive got one here and its rated at 275wRMS per channel and now that is loud But if you after a hifi then get some decent gear mate, there’s no competition against the stuff you get in comets, dixions etc and the proper hifi gear Plus you want something that you can listen to at reasonable level that is perfectly clear and sounds great for a long period of time And like i said, if your after some extra bass then get an active sub on top of your gear, that way you have a very nice sound system, but when ya have the parties and the lads around you can wack on the sub, turn it up and watch cabinets open up around your house

Also mate, have a butchers on www.whathifi.com for reviews of sound gear etc Its a great mag and its worth getting a few issues to check out reviews and how to set up your new sound system properly. Also mate mate, if your going the separates route, make sure you read the manuals for the stuff especially the speakers, because usually the speakers should be placed at least 1m (might be different for your speakers) from walls that may surround them Also, if there bookshelf jobbies and your looking at getting stands then look at getting some that you can fill with sand, its helps to stop unwanted vibrations and makes the speakers sound more solid. Also, a lot of stands now have spikes on the bottom and top of them. Its worth putting these on when ya get them, especially the ones the point upwards for the speakers to sit on, again helps to get rid of vibrations etc. Also mate, spend as much as you can on speaker cables and interconnects as you can, it all helps and there is big differences in cables too And lastly mate, if you buying the gear from richersounds etc then pop down to your local branch and see if they have a live room and if they do, pick out the gear you want and get them to set it up for you - making sure they use the exact cables if possible. Then take down some cds (10 or something) that you have heard and think they are great recordings and then listen to them on the set-up and see what they sound like

Have fun boss, lets us know what gear your deciding on mate

p.s - soz for the essay, but it pissies me off when people think that stuff from dixions and what not are good. Yea, it is if your on a budget but if your serious about getting a decent set-up then you spend weeks and weeks looking at reviews and choosing your gear. Also, hifi is a totally different world to car systems - it’s about sound quality rather than how loud you can push your system to beat the guy next to you
Pablo

29th Jan 04 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.richersounds.co.uk/ -

http://www.richersounds.co.uk/index.php?f=itemlist.php&c=1501
Melville

29th Jan 04 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Munchie
looking for cd decks now!

If your looking for CD decks then get some Pioneer. Ive got some and they are the dogs. I think mine are CDJ500 or summit, the silver ones

[Edited on 29-01-2004 by Melville]
Richie

29th Jan 04 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why have i got someone telling me what stereo systems are good and bad?

Im in this shit day in day out as you should know by now and ive heard that JVC system, read the techinical specs + the repair manual which also shows the list of replacement amplifier components which DO add up to that power give or take 20-50RMS. And yes the power i gave was between the entire system!

The reason why POWER isnt an issue on top end systems is because most of the money is spent on signal processing and clarity more than amplification, and the fact someone that buys top end systems will be using it in an area where they arent gonna have it blasting.

Personally my favourite brands in this game are Bowers and Wilkins and Wharfedale for loudspeakers, Denon, Quad, Arcam and JVC for seperates.

These are just a few brands ive worked with and advised people to buy, and with every system ive been impressed except one but that was due to an amplifier fault.

But i bet we could go on forever about this
Pablo

29th Jan 04 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got all Marantz Special edition, Mission Dac and Castle speakers
Richie

29th Jan 04 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha theres a brand i left out, i got one of their CD-46 CD players on my cabinet

Old as fek but it plays everything even the shittiest of cd-r's.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What midi player? 22 database queries in 0.0153260 seconds