corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » To strip out or not strip out that`s da question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author To strip out or not strip out that`s da question
jam

User status: Offline
24th Jan 04 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok iam losing sleep over this now so could ppl give there opions . Iam not sure waether to stripout my rear seats and a so other trim bits and fit buckets/harnnes .

Basically a dont really need rear seats i rarly give ppl a lift and can use me dad car if i really need to , also i dont ues my car regular coz i hav a works van . So iam thinking i might strip rear seat out as well as other stuff . Make the car bit lighter and get that stripedout look .This also means i just hav to retrimm the front door cards and can put some carpet/material in the back . The other thing is i do a lot of mountianbiking and so this would be handy just to chuck the bikes in the back .
But on the other hand iam thinking is there much point as iam not really going down the performace road (just a few of the basics) . Also iam not planning to go to track days , just maybe some rwyb events (for fun of it) .Plus it will be a bad for resale . And if there ever a time want to go out in the car and few m8s want to come , wont hav any rear seats .

So what should i do ???? opions plz

chrisp

p.s. If think iam just being daft tell me to shut up
moddedcorsa

24th Jan 04 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go 4 it, looks ace!! and u wont hav 2 giv ppl lifts!

I would just take out rear seats (leave all door cards etc) and make a false floor out of sum thin mdf.
then wen u sell, put seats back in
LukeGSi

24th Jan 04 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moddedcorsa
I would just take out rear seats (leave all door cards etc) and make a false floor out of sum thin mdf.
then wen u sell, put seats back in

Im doing this in my next week off!!!!
essexracer

24th Jan 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would only strip it if u were gonna be tunin ur engine (minimum of new inlet manifold, chip etc) i wouldnt bother if u were just gonna have filter/zost.

and it wont make that much difference i think (worth havin the seats inother words), if ur car is slow, live with it, or put a 2litre in it

my 2p worth

[Edited on 24-01-2004 by essexracer]
jam

24th Jan 04 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thx

essexracer all opoins welcome

any1 eles ??

chrisp
frenchcorsa@work

24th Jan 04 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for it even just for the look...
J4LDO

24th Jan 04 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ran my 20XE corsa stripped for 2months and loved every minute of it,the car feels quicker and is louder inside, definetaly go for it mate

[Edited on 24-01-2004 by J4LDO]
jam

24th Jan 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thx for reply`s

chrisp

New Poll