corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F.A.O. any 1 with past feature cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F.A.O. any 1 with past feature cars
stubbsy

User status: Offline
14th Jan 04 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you have anythig wrong with the car on the day of the shoot, bodywork wise???? did it show up on the camera????

reason being fast car rung this morning and still want to feature my car but since the saw it the rear bumper has dropped on 1 side due to a snapped bracket, and a bit of sinkage where the numberplate light used to be in the bumper, also n the front bumper and bonnet theres a few bad stone chips and 1 of the ends of the cross bar on bumper has snapped and the bumper has dropped of the location pins so abit out of line. carnt really afford to get it fixed at the moment either ??????
SteveW

14th Jan 04 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would have said no... but that sounds quite bad.

The stone chips are nothing to worry about.. nor the sinking of the light.

but the bumpers dropping...hhhhhhhmmmmmm

Dont know about that one
Ojc

14th Jan 04 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is an invention called photoshop that they use to touch up most of the feature cars.
stubbsy

14th Jan 04 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a quote from bodyshop £200 to fix everything, would be worth it though, as i want it in perfect condition when its featured.

did you have anything you were worrid about showing up???
Phil321

14th Jan 04 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I was goint to say that. When you see feature cars in the flesh they are often a plie of crap, ill fitting bumpers, crap smoothing etc
stubbsy

14th Jan 04 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bumpers were a perfect fit but i went down abit of a ditch, it pushed the bumper up, snapped the bar and it came off locatin pis.
RichR
Premium Member

14th Jan 04 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh mate - its nto as bad as u make out - u dont notice back bumper particularly - only we do - and if I can get back b4 the shoot - I'll fibreglass the bracket back on for u - temporarily but should work okay

front bumper wont show up, neither wil lthe sinkage - its really light. finally what stone chips - uve got nothing major wrong - fair enough its not in tip top condition - but it shows u use it - unlike some feature cars which are always stored - Id worry about getting this damn tv to me next time Im home and getting ur wheels retrimmed - apart from that ur making out to be worse than it is
jaffa

14th Jan 04 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as per they u2u i just sent before i read this.

Gav S

14th Jan 04 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
There is an invention called photoshop that they use to touch up most of the feature cars.

stubbsy

14th Jan 04 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how easy is it too re alighn the front bumper? as this is my majore worie as i know when ive seen cars in mags with bumpers not fitted too good ive pointed it out strait away and ruins it imo
bradfincham

14th Jan 04 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no need to worry,
a lad i know tom kite had a 106 on 18's or 19's,

was a mess when max featured it and the photshopped where the rims were curbed, and paint scratched
RichR
Premium Member

14th Jan 04 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll do back bumper - but have to see with front shouldnt be too hard - weel get ur car up on axle stands in nell's bodyshop, then get on the job with the glass fibre, shouldnt be much harder than rear - apart from access to the mounting points

god ur gonna owe me some favours after this u can just come sanding wwhen I pull my finger out -being the master sander that u are
RichR
Premium Member

14th Jan 04 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur problems wont show up on a photo
nik

14th Jan 04 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bashed my bumper on the day of the shoot
stubbsy

14th Jan 04 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice 1 rich. u get my text the other day?
sanding is an art

nik- did they photoshop the bumper???
RichR
Premium Member

14th Jan 04 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes did - just been getting ready for an engineering maths and calculus exam I had an hour ago - so never had chance to reply. feeling better nnow tho

have u got ne axle stands - Ive got 2, if uve got 2 as well then just b4 ur shoot get it down my bodyshop in ched and we'll get it up - get wheels off, polish and wax everything while Im working on bumpers etc for u
RichR
Premium Member

14th Jan 04 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

photoshoots not gonna b b4 feb 14th is it
stubbsy

14th Jan 04 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know yet, he said as soon as possible. did have 2 axle stands dont know if ive still got them though. how did the exam go?
RichR
Premium Member

14th Jan 04 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so so - dont even know what half the questions meant but it was open book and the ones I didnt knwo - I had written down in my notes - bit of flooky copying
M2RTY

14th Jan 04 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate i wouldnt worry 2 much

black cars seem to hide panel gaps easy
RichR
Premium Member

14th Jan 04 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he hasnt got ne major panel gaps either - hes being over fussy
stubbsy

14th Jan 04 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

comes with working at bentley

i want it to be perfect though
scriv

14th Jan 04 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say get ur motor looking at its best b4 u do the shoot coz ull regret it if there is summat u dont like when i had mine i didnt like the tints or the wheel colour and my playstation wasnt installed properly then when i finnished i right i wanted another feature
grigglet33

14th Jan 04 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to bond a wheel arch back on the night before my shoot, pulled the tap off in the morning, off comes the paint too!!! They just did not take any pics of that side! Mine was black mate, any stone chips do not show!
nik

14th Jan 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubbsy
nice 1 rich. u get my text the other day?
sanding is an art

nik- did they photoshop the bumper???

Nah they use lighting etc so scratches and things don't really show up to be honest

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F.A.O. any 1 with past feature cars 22 database queries in 0.0994241 seconds