corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Renewal - Question........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance Renewal - Question........
Tracey

User status: Offline
13th Jan 04 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My insurance renewal is 27th Jan,
With Diamond at the moment- i had a 10month bonus accelerator
which means after 10months.. i get a FULL years no claims

BUT,

is that ONLY with Diamond,
or would others companys accept this as a years no claims

this i am unsure of:

and I CAN NOT RING THEM AT THIS MOMENT TO ASK, or i would,
so does any one HERE know the answer for me please
Gambit

13th Jan 04 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some companies dont accept them, only way to know for sure is to ring them
Kerry

13th Jan 04 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont get it....if a policy is for a year then wots the point in givin no claims after 10 months u stil have to go to the end of the year !!!!

but in answer to ure question i should imagine u can take them elsewhere as u can all other no claims

im goin to try diamond when i renew wot are they like with mods tracey?
mav

13th Jan 04 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think mods will be a nono with girl only cheap coverlike that..Imo.

just phonin about for quotes at moment too...due on 24th Jan...

Best so far no is £491 full comp with admiral(who i'm with at moment)

got a few to phone yet..

AA offered £445 but with £500 excess..aye right..only £100 with admiral..

mods declared
wheels
suspension
zorst
ind kit
lights
brakes

[Edited on 13-01-2004 by mav]
Kerry

13th Jan 04 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav

have u seen her car??????????????????????????????????????????
Tracey

13th Jan 04 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kerry- i decleard my mods
and they didnt add NOTHING extra on to the policy

but saying that- i dont have any engine mods
i would assume that they WOULD cahnge the policy for this tho
Paul H

13th Jan 04 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same day mine needs renewing tracey.i'm not sure if you can swap but can't see why not.
Tracey

13th Jan 04 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i forget what thatcham (sp)my alarm is

D'Oh

[Edited on 13-01-2004 by Tasty_Tracey]
el gordo

13th Jan 04 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I covered this previously i think.

Diamond are a notoriously shoddy company for their practices...

on the 10-month accellerator program, they will not provide you with proof of NCD at all, and are not required to do so as that applies only to a 12 month policy. That means to benefit from the NCD you just built with them, you have to stick with them and sign up for a 12 month policy in order for them to issue you with 2yrs NCD a year later.

Funnily enough, they tend to introduce quite a hike on this 2nd years premium!

As for if you have a complaint, they aren't governed by the GISC as they refuse to sign up whilever it's not law to do so. This leaves you with one arm behind your back if you have to fight them, effectively, with your only external port of call being the Insurance Ombudsman Service who will only intervene when you've had every other possibility of private contact exhausted (at which point you've usually given up!).

shall I tell you a way to guarantee how to beat your renewal premium?

Barclaycard insurance. You don't need to be a customer, and they guarantee to beat your renewal (not your best quote tho!). Their "premium package" is good for the breakdown as well.

Last but not least, when your renewals come up go to http://www.confused.com - they search a dozen or more major firms on your behalf and as long as the data provided was accurate, thats the price you'll get. At the moment AXA are providing ridiculously cheap quotes, and for the male drivers, stick yer mum on and get about 15% off! (even if she'll never drive it!).
neiliosxi

13th Jan 04 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh dear! I would recomend liv vic, they will not charge u any extra for mods, unless they are engine mods, or endsleigh if you are a student, they charged me 16p extra for 17's, roof spoiler & skirts!
Gambit

13th Jan 04 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day, insurance is gonna be different for everybody it all depends on YOUR current situtation
Tom

13th Jan 04 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by el gordo
I covered this previously i think.

Diamond are a notoriously shoddy company for their practices...

on the 10-month accellerator program, they will not provide you with proof of NCD at all, and are not required to do so as that applies only to a 12 month policy. That means to benefit from the NCD you just built with them, you have to stick with them and sign up for a 12 month policy in order for them to issue you with 2yrs NCD a year later.

Funnily enough, they tend to introduce quite a hike on this 2nd years premium!

As for if you have a complaint, they aren't governed by the GISC as they refuse to sign up whilever it's not law to do so. This leaves you with one arm behind your back if you have to fight them, effectively, with your only external port of call being the Insurance Ombudsman Service who will only intervene when you've had every other possibility of private contact exhausted (at which point you've usually given up!).

shall I tell you a way to guarantee how to beat your renewal premium?

Barclaycard insurance. You don't need to be a customer, and they guarantee to beat your renewal (not your best quote tho!). Their "premium package" is good for the breakdown as well.

Last but not least, when your renewals come up go to http://www.confused.com - they search a dozen or more major firms on your behalf and as long as the data provided was accurate, thats the price you'll get. At the moment AXA are providing ridiculously cheap quotes, and for the male drivers, stick yer mum on and get about 15% off! (even if she'll never drive it!).

Yeah ish but it's not the insurance ombudsman service anymore it's the FSA (financial services authority) that regulates all insurance companies, and the Financial ombudsman service would be the way to get something done and you do not have to wait until 'you've had every other possibility of private contact exhausted' there is now an 8 week 'consultation typeperiod' if you're not happy once this time is over the FSA will intervine and they hold some weight so they usually get the 'win'

Can u tell i work for an insurance company
el gordo

14th Jan 04 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye, same here

I should have made it clear the IOS are an independent intermediary for disputes.

as you say, the FSA are the final clobber who set and enforce regs, but having said that, the IOS's decisions must be abided by...
mav

14th Jan 04 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
quote:
Originally posted by mav

have u seen her car??????????????????????????????????????????

yeah I have and wasn't thinking.............. DOH.......

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Renewal - Question........ 22 database queries in 0.0166781 seconds