corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » blue speedo leds

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author blue speedo leds
Djtimmo

User status: Offline
12th Jan 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv read some previous posts and wanted to know how much some blue leds would b 4 my corsa c speedo and time/date display from cobra 148. also how easy r they to fit?

cheers
Davey_boy

12th Jan 04 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't remember how much i paid, think it was about £7 or somet like that. Rob H fitted mine for me cus i dont know what im doin, but it looks easy enough, took about 30mins to put in.
cobra148

12th Jan 04 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Djtimmo
iv read some previous posts and wanted to know how much some blue leds would b 4 my corsa c speedo and time/date display from cobra 148.

Why not ask me then? Prices went up a touch on Friday, but you can do dials and mfd for £8.25
whitter45

12th Jan 04 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cobra148
quote:
Originally posted by Djtimmo
iv read some previous posts and wanted to know how much some blue leds would b 4 my corsa c speedo and time/date display from cobra 148.

Why not ask me then? Prices went up a touch on Friday, but you can do dials and mfd for £8.25

Djtimmo if u want leds Cobra is the man
Djtimmo

12th Jan 04 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that sounds safe cobra. does the price include p+p?

iv done a few mods but havent done anythin electrical except head unit so r ther any instructions??

cheers
cobra148

12th Jan 04 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I cover postage costs. These are plug and play leds, no electrical work/knowledge is needed. They simply plug straight in place of the original bulb holders.
Djtimmo

12th Jan 04 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they sound pretty good. il get back to you soon bout them.

ps how do i go about gettin them cos neva bought ova CS before - cheque etc???
cobra148

12th Jan 04 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheque is fine, whatever is easiest for you. Give me a shout when you want some
Djtimmo

12th Jan 04 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do.

cheers

ps what r the odds of fukin up petrol gauges/speedo when you change ova bulbs cos that happened to a mate of mine when puttin lockwood dials on a saxo?!?
cobra148

12th Jan 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitting dials and fitting leds are totally different things. You don't touch the dials at all when fitting leds, the odds on fooking up any guages is nil.
barry_kellett99

12th Jan 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cobra.... slightly on the same topic... ive asked before about my turd tin dials, you know the side lit ones... and i had wired up 2 leds on wires to the osram bulb holders and stuck them up inside the edge of the dials and the shine well onto the actual dial, but the light is uneven as you can only point them in one direction!

BUT..... I was wondering if you, or anyone else here could think of anyway of me creating a very shiney, reflective surface on the inside of the cover that has the holes the dials sit through so i could shine light more evenly across the whole dial.

I know you can get a cuttable fake mirror type of stuff that you heat with a hair drier and it goes refelective ( I SEEN IT ON CHANGING ROOMS!!!)

Anyone got any ideas???
cobra148

12th Jan 04 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap method would be to use cooking foil, spread that behind the dials. I've got a couple of other alternatives to fitting two leds in the holders, only thing is that its not as cheap as the regular leds and I don't know how effective it will be. I'll u2u you about it later. You don't have a pic of regular non rev dials do you, I have an idea.

New Poll