corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ice help please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ice help please
Greg_M

User status: Offline
11th Jan 04 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need to get some ice, havnt really been into it so i need some help. i have a 480w sony 2 channel amp, and a kenwood mask head unit.

was thinking about getting a sub to run off the amp and getting some components to run off the head unit.

what sub wattage ect should i get? bare in mind i dont have my music really load.

cheers
Greg_M

12th Jan 04 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HELP
clarkie

12th Jan 04 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an 800w sub would work fine with that amp, if bridged into 1 channel, speakers to run off the head unit dont have to be that powerful, ur head unit will be probs 4x54w max so 100w compnents say would be more than enuff, but if your planning on runin them off an amp in the future, go for a higher wattage. ive got a vibe active 12" sub, infinity front coaxials and pheonix gold comonents in the rear, is a very good set up to start off with.
Dom

12th Jan 04 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your not gonna run your comps off an amp, then dont bother getting anything mega decent, because it will sound pants - and i know this because im running some infinity 5000cs's from a pioneer HU and it sound rough . So get some kenny comps or coxials for your front. Around the 30-50wRMS area
As for the sub, well the amp (if its the XM-2165GTX) will knock out 400wRMS...so look for a sub rated at 400wRMS - rocky, or alpine or sumthing.
Hope this helps mate

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ice help please 23 database queries in 0.0087180 seconds