corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fao anyone who sells, or knows anything about fk suspention

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fao anyone who sells, or knows anything about fk suspention
Kris TD

User status: Offline
10th Jan 04 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you buy the rear height adjustable collars on there own? the ones that the rear springs sit in in the standard position.

cheers

oh and how much if you can
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Jan 04 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought so but this will make your car 10 or 15 mm higher straight away when you fit them. You'd need to use your shortest springs.

You spoken to BAT? I know he's got an FK order going off on Monday might be worth giving him a call. 0151 709 8585.
Kris TD

11th Jan 04 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah i see, cheers ian, luckily i have a selection of lowering springs for the back, lol.
ill ring mondya morning
Joff

11th Jan 04 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, the rears are available by themselves, but you'll need to specify the spring and adjustable platform as they're not part of a kit so to speak.

You'll also need the spanner to adjust the collar as you'll be fucked without that

Give us a call anything FK - 01604 797960
Kris TD

11th Jan 04 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

joff can you buy them without the spring, i have 3 sets of lowering springs already i dont need anymore, lol
Joff

11th Jan 04 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just the adjustable platform? Yes, but as far as I know, they'll only work with the FK rear springs.

If anyone's got the rear units you can compare with then give it a go, but I wouldn't order the rear platforms on a hunch they'll fit.
Kris TD

11th Jan 04 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough, well ill sort it out on monday, cheers guys.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Jan 04 at 00:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have said they will, the diameter of the top of the FK spring seat is the same as the stay on the standard beam.
Kris TD

11th Jan 04 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well can always order the spring at a later date if needs be
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jan 04 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I checked this out today, the FK height adjust will only suit an FK spring. The diameter of the stay is larger to accomodate the adjustment screw thread.

You will need FK springs!
M2RTY

12th Jan 04 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much for the spring, platform and spanner?
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jan 04 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

600 quid and you get free three way adjustable front coilovers and Koni dampers for the back
Joff

12th Jan 04 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I checked this out today, the FK height adjust will only suit an FK spring. The diameter of the stay is larger to accomodate the adjustment screw thread.

You will need FK springs!

Now I don't like to say I TOLD you so but...
Joff

12th Jan 04 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
600 quid and you get free three way adjustable front coilovers and Koni dampers for the back

£600?? FK's rrp is less than that for the Corsa B kit!!

That should get you the HighSport coilover kit - height adjustment front and rear, coilover system on the front, spring and platform on the rear accompanied by a Koni shock absorber.

Great handling and excellent ride quality. For track use, consider the KonigSport as you can wind the rebound rate to give a really firm ride.
M2RTY

12th Jan 04 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

no thanks, i have coilovers already at a 1/3 of that price BRAND NEW hehehehehehehehe
beattie17

12th Jan 04 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey joff! ave got the height and dampening adjustable fk's,can u get shorter springs for the front as i want to go lower but dont want to use spacers?
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jan 04 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
height adjustment front and rear, coilover system on the front, spring and platform on the rear accompanied by a Koni shock absorber.

Thats what I just said isn't it?

I know its good, I've got the boss one
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jan 04 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
KonigSport
Yeah thats the one. Costs more than the entire donor car
Joff

13th Jan 04 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
height adjustment front and rear, coilover system on the front, spring and platform on the rear accompanied by a Koni shock absorber.

Thats what I just said isn't it?

Not sure - just re-read the thread and can't seem to find you saying that in so many words
Joff

13th Jan 04 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by beattie17
hey joff! ave got the height and dampening adjustable fk's,can u get shorter springs for the front as i want to go lower but dont want to use spacers?

Why do you think you'll need to use spacers??

If you've got the KonigSport system then they will fit a Corsa B perfectly.

You only need the spacers on the FK Budget coilovers, because they're not designed as a direct replacement on UK cars (where we care more about wheel offsets, etc).
beattie17

13th Jan 04 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ave got 7.5*17 et40 got it down so much! but want to go about another 20mm!
Joff

13th Jan 04 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So is the suspension catching on the inside then??

Your wheels are already out quite far under the arch, so spacers will take it out a lot further...

What's the actual problem you're having??

beattie17

13th Jan 04 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well with out spacers theirs still about a 20mm+ gap in the arches,but cant go down lower cause the tyre will rub on suspension! but ive bn thinking about it and maybe my chamber is wrong if u say it should clear it? how low should i get away with like b4 the tyre rubs?
Joff

13th Jan 04 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's virtually impossible to tell with the setup you've got.

Your wheels are very wide and quite a bad offset, plus you're dropping the car quite a bit.

If you had 7J wide wheels and perhaps an ET45 offset, I'd be more inclined to say you could drop it a bit more, but that's the problem with large wheels.

With 17's, your car will sit higher off the ground than with 16's, regardless of the suspension kit.

If the FK kit is already on it's lowest then we can supply a shorter spring, but the poundage is slightly out (there's a softer and a stiffer spring available).

Best thing to do - give us a call 01604 797960 and we can run through the options with you.
Joff

13th Jan 04 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is camber adjustment on the FK coilover units, so it's worth investigating that first, but I'm not sure how that's affected by the offset of your wheels.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fao anyone who sells, or knows anything about fk suspention 22 database queries in 0.2003760 seconds