corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Irmscher Air Dam Fog Lights

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Irmscher Air Dam Fog Lights
Mav 3000

User status: Offline
10th Jan 04 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All,

I picked up my Air Dam today from Leicester Motor Factors and have unpacked everything. I couldn't take the bumper home in its box 'cos is was as long as my car!

In the box I got the Air Dam, mesh, stickers for the sides (next to fogs), the fogs, instructions, wiring loom, the switch and the screws etc.

the Fogs are Hella ones, look really nice, but they and their matching mounting brackets are really deep (as previously discussed on this board).

Is there no way they will fit on a car with Air Con? what options have I got in terms of fitment or replacements shallower fogs? if i have to buy shallower foglights how will I mount them?

Thanks,
Kris TD

10th Jan 04 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rich, only one way to find out, try em.
Kris TD

10th Jan 04 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

considering it says only for post 97 and i put one on my 1993 model with no problems atall.
Mav 3000

10th Jan 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats true. I dropped the skirts into the bodyshop with the spoiler and bought the bits home. Wish I had taken a 'before' pic of the spoiler though. Came pre-primed which was nice. the skirts on the other hand will need 'seven shades of sanding' taken out of them before there ready though.

I can't see by looking at the spoiler how it needs the washer fluid bottle moving either - did yours Kris?

I think the air con pipes will be in the way - Irmscher say they will be.

Also by looking at the rubbish german Irmscher instructions, wiring up the fog switch looks like a nightmare too.
Kris TD

10th Jan 04 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt move anything, i dont see how the bottle comes into it cos mine is under the scuttle panel.
fogs isnt too bad, havent done mine yet but should be impossible. oh, i didnt sand my skirts smooth, they are still bobbly, but im gonna smooth them next time.

New Poll