corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Changing alternator on 1.4 with PAS & air con

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Changing alternator on 1.4 with PAS & air con
Dave

User status: Offline
9th Jan 04 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone tried this, cos I hav and it was a fcuking real pig of a job, as if you should have to take the engine mount off just to take the belt off!! And how bloody hard to reach are most of the bolts!!

To make matters worse it wasn't even my car and it took me until 12:30 last nite to finish it, never again! Thank god its a piece of piss on my engine!
leafgreencorsa

User status: Offline
9th Jan 04 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have my sympathy! Try it on a 1.7DTi - I can see just a tiny bit of the alternator but I cannot reach it from above or below, it's completely covered by the air con compressor and pipework. Not that I'd fancy disturbing the drive belt anyway as it runs around at least five pulleys.
Seems to be the way with newer cars though. Both the front wing and bumper had to come off to change the battery on my 2L New Beetle (yes, really - just to change a battery!)

New Poll