corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2litre 16v - £1500 all in...........

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2litre 16v - £1500 all in...........
Siberia

User status: Offline
8th Jan 04 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jasus if i could insure one of these id be on yer door step on friday with the car

actually if my girlfriend didnt drive the car aswell id just get it done and keep stum
DP.

8th Jan 04 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wiring actually turned out to be dead simple!!! you would be surprised.

I used my existing starter motor loom to hook up starter and alternator to batt etc.. then all was left was to plug in all sensors on engine loom connect to injectors etc, push the plug through iinto the inside of car, plug in ecu and connect up about err... 5 wires i think it was to the existing loom in the car. dead easy
Nath

8th Jan 04 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh Siberia i needed a spring compressor, not as glamorous as it sounds. Basically a pole with two brackets on to grip the spring Then you tighten it to compress it. I thought it was gonna be some hydaulic gizmo

Sounds good Beardy What happens to my 14xe? Do u dispose of it or is it mine to possibly sell?
Siberia

8th Jan 04 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actaully thats wot im gonna do next year were getting a new car but im gonna keep the corsa and just insure it at the piece of crap 1.2L 8v it is and drop a monster into it and keep qt

i see this as the only way to 2.0L this side of 40
Nath

8th Jan 04 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is for my 21st, i.e. my parents are paying, i could never save £1500 on my own Would take me til past 40 years old.............
BeArDy

8th Jan 04 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Sounds good Beardy What happens to my 14xe? Do u dispose of it or is it mine to possibly sell?

you can do what u want with it
no use to me
Nath

8th Jan 04 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You probably get sick of being asked so many c20xe questions...........but.................what do i do about a gearbox? Surely my current one wouldnt cope? And would my exhaust and everything stay the same?
M4tt

9th Jan 04 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engine usually comes with the gearbox i think...

and i've asked about zorsts on on 2.0's b4 and my understanding is you can use an off the shelf exhaust and it should work fine when linked together
DP.

9th Jan 04 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres also the cheaper option of getting a friend to weld a piece in the middle to join ur existing system with the new manifold.

Obviously not a good idea tho for people who originally had something like a 1.2 with a pea shooter for an exhaust
and-m

9th Jan 04 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DP.
Theres also the cheaper option of getting a friend to weld a piece in the middle to join ur existing system with the new manifold.

Obviously not a good idea tho for people who originally had something like a 1.2 with a pea shooter for an exhaust

The bore is the same for all Corsas except the 1.0...
broster
Premium Member

9th Jan 04 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about an engineers report, u need it for mosty/all insurance dont u? does the £1500 include this or do u have to pay extra, they cost £250 dont they?
BeArDy

9th Jan 04 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
what about an engineers report, u need it for mosty/all insurance dont u? does the £1500 include this or do u have to pay extra, they cost £250 dont they?

you do not need one
i have never had one and all the people i know and done 2lt have never been asked.
broster
Premium Member

9th Jan 04 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right, just iv heard that some companies ask for one. maybe it was crap my mate fed me!
BeArDy

9th Jan 04 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
oh right, just iv heard that some companies ask for one. maybe it was crap my mate fed me!

normal all is
horror storys
like snaping driveshafts everweek
Greasemonkey

9th Jan 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to get an engineers report when i put a 1.4SR engine into my 1litre Nova 3 years ago for the insurance so YES it does happen depends who you are with
DP.

9th Jan 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by and-m
quote:
Originally posted by DP.

The bore is the same for all Corsas except the 1.0...

someone once told me a fib then

As for the engineers report, yes some insurance companies do require them i think... i have already heard about this! It costs around £250 aparently. I haven't got one myself yet but think i might have a contact to sort one out

Not entirely sure if this is tru.. but ive heard it mentioned that some of the companies that dont ask for this report when getting insured, ask for it when you are making a claim or have had a crash and if you cant produce it then your screwed. <<--- like i said.. im not sure if this is true but just what i have heard!
Greasemonkey

9th Jan 04 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That wouldnt suprise me one bit!!!, my insurance company are telling me at the mo that my car is getting returned to me in 2 weeks from the repairs with just 2 wheels and thats tough shit apparently and i lose the hire car, they are bastards,
Paul H

9th Jan 04 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
That wouldnt suprise me one bit!!!, my insurance company are telling me at the mo that my car is getting returned to me in 2 weeks from the repairs with just 2 wheels and thats tough shit apparently and i lose the hire car, they are bastards,
how can they do that you have to agree that your happy with the work before you get it back if i was you i would be a tw*t and keep saying your not happy till you get 4 wheels
Greasemonkey

9th Jan 04 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what i have been doing matey, i need 2 wheels replaced they aint being made at the MO so there aint any to buy, they said thats tough they will give me cash for 2 replacment wheels but thats it, surely its easier for them to buy 4 new ones, i mean they wouldnt have the hassle of me phoning up every day telling them they are out of order LOL
Me dads on the case today, why does he always have to get involved, well if i dont get the 2 wheels they aint getting there focus back well not with 4 wheels he he
Paul H

9th Jan 04 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day you will get your way the bodyshop for one will charge them for storage once the work has been carried out.cheaper for them to get you four rims than all the hassle and expense it will cost them
Greasemonkey

9th Jan 04 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its just pissed me off cos i need transport every day to get to work its a 40 mile round trip, no car = no job so they either replace 4 wheels, pay for a taxi £25 a day or keep me in the hire car
The wheels wont be avaliable till march at the earliest so buy me a different set of 4 wheels its the cheapest option, aint rocket science is it
Paul H

9th Jan 04 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope totaly agree with you mate.and they can't get there car back if it aint there
Greasemonkey

9th Jan 04 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly catch me catch me come on chase me chase me, they will never find me, i will hold them to ransom you buy me £450ish worth of alloys or i keep ya £8'000 focus HHHHMMMMM its a hard one
BeArDy

9th Jan 04 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am with Adrain Flux and then never asked a thing
as the Liverpool Vic
and tesco
Siberia

9th Jan 04 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they know its a 2.0?

Like its a bit weird when they ask u the engine size and u say 2.0 because there wasent a 2.0 corsa factory made

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll