corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » BLACK DIAMOND v's EBC

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BLACK DIAMOND v's EBC
FLYING CORSA

User status: Offline
7th Jan 04 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you rate the EBC stuff against the BLACK DIAMOND stuff......if i have roughly a budget of £200 what would you recommend i buy if i want to uprate my brakes to grooved/cross drilled disks and better pads, cheers folks
PaulW

7th Jan 04 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

black diamond

ebc discs aren't up to much, not many people rate them well!

Only decent things they make are the pads
broster
Premium Member

7th Jan 04 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have black diamond combo(drilled and grooved) discs and ebc green stuff pads, on a v6 set up, and tis great!

[Edited on 07-01-2004 by broster]
Kris TD

7th Jan 04 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before you do anything like that get some 2l brakes.
Aussie GSi

8th Jan 04 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fark Broster! That's a nice tight fit for the calipers! Looks good man.

C

[Edited on 08-01-2004 by Aussie GSi]
PaulW

8th Jan 04 at 01:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have some tar-ox discs & greenstuff pads myself, bloody great stoppers (look in my garage)

[Edited on 08-01-2004 by PaulW]
Adam-D

8th Jan 04 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have red.dot disks and ebc pads works well enuff
broster
Premium Member

8th Jan 04 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aussie GSi
Fark Broster! That's a nice tight fit for the calipers! Looks good man.

C

[Edited on 08-01-2004 by Aussie GSi]

stops like a dream too! love it, they look amazing aswell!
FLYING CORSA

8th Jan 04 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are the 2.0 litre brakes any better than the 1.6 corsa ones coz i heard that they are only fractionally bigger and not much point in changing to them.....but what about the V6 ones how much am i looking at to do that conversion....do i need to change things such as the master cylinder as well if i have V6 brakes

cheers peeps
broster
Premium Member

8th Jan 04 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at £200 for the v6 set up woth standrad re-drilled discs and pads, no need to change master cylinder to be honest, just get braided hoses, cost £40. the 2.0ltr ones are better than the 1.6 corsa ones as the caliper is bigger i believe! id go for the v6 ones(mainly cuz i have them and they are great!)
Fad

8th Jan 04 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FLYING CORSA
are the 2.0 litre brakes any better than the 1.6 corsa ones coz i heard that they are only fractionally bigger and not much point in changing to them.....but what about the V6 ones how much am i looking at to do that conversion....do i need to change things such as the master cylinder as well if i have V6 brakes

cheers peeps

much better than the GSi set up as the theory goes if 16v brakes can stop a cavalier or an astra it shud stop a corsa dead on a 2 pence pieace. Bit dubious about V^ set up would lock easy in the wet i reckon and also heard stories about dogy pedal feel. Altho Boaster rates them
Kris TD

8th Jan 04 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it is worth changing from 1.6 too 2l brake,s the 1.6 uses crappy delco calipers whereas the 2l ones are made by ate. they are a lot better, the discs are wider and the calipers are bigger.
gregwilko

8th Jan 04 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got the 2L setup with 40 groove tarox discs and tarox pads (G88 i think).

brilliant brakes. nuf said
broster
Premium Member

9th Jan 04 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fadscorsa

much better than the GSi set up as the theory goes if 16v brakes can stop a cavalier or an astra it shud stop a corsa dead on a 2 pence pieace. Bit dubious about V^ set up would lock easy in the wet i reckon and also heard stories about dogy pedal feel. Altho Boaster rates them

mine dont lock up that easy in the wet, u get used to them, if u stamp on them then yeah they will lock up, but if u stamp on any brakes in the wet they will lock up if they are any good lol! the v6 is spongy if u dont get braided hoses, i got braided hoses on mine and blead them well, and they have a better feal than the standard sport brakes, maybe mine were fucked, i dunno! but they are well worth it, alot of people slate them for being spongy, but when i did a thread about them, asking only people who has used them to reply, all i got was good comments!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Jan 04 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had greenstuff and black diamond. greenstuf disks are shite, ive heared loads of bad thing s about them. mine devloped slight dips in due to a manufacturing fault but it happened with all three sets i had! but ebc did replace them all and refund them in full!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Jan 04 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u thought about using brembo max disks? they are great and have had some really good rating from lots of people on migweb. best thing about them is that u get the quality u expect from brembo for only £60 a pair!!! get in touch with a member called carnossiercraig he stocks them.
A_Venables

9th Jan 04 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a 1.4 SRi 8v, with the standard 236mm discs the system was OK but from braking medium hard at anything over 50mph they faded and warped badly, afterall you try outbraking a Golf VR6! I've since upgraded to Blackdiamond D&G discs with Black diamonds preditor pads, they are so much better than standard discs, although they still have difficulties above 80mph, If I did it again I would fit the 288mm discs and V6 calipers many companies are offering for £195, afterall the setup I bought cost me £150-160, its only £45-35 more!
broster
Premium Member

9th Jan 04 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and well worth it too

New Poll