corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » **Battery Question**

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author **Battery Question**
Bonus

User status: Offline
6th Jan 04 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Bat in my 1.4 16v Sri is on the way out. I was going to pop down to halfords and pick up a new replacement one, but would i be better getting a bigger battery then the normal one since i have couple of amps running off it?? Would i then need a bigger alternator tho??

Thanks for any help.

whitter45

6th Jan 04 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends how big a battery u ge as the alternator may not be able to charge it
TOMAS

6th Jan 04 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you running a 55A or 70A altenator? My 55A JUST coped with running and charging a 65Ah diesel battery upfront, a split charged Optima yellow top in the boot and a load of ICE with a total fused rating of 170A.

I think your altenator should be fine as long as its in good health so a bigger battery should be fine, they take longer to charge but also take longer to run flat (hold more charge) and they can also take more of a beating than the smaller ones.

I'd go for a 60Ah Diesel Calcium (Varta, Bosch, Excide etc) or a diesel Vauxhall battery if you can. I know anything upto a 65Ah vauxhall battery will fit in the tray OK but check the others before you buy....
Kris TD

6th Jan 04 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

diesels use 70 Ah batterys, well mine and my bros do. changed mine a couple of months ago, cost me £35 made by lucas. only just fitted in the battery tray lol.
cobra148

6th Jan 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a 1Kw tx amplifier in my car, key the mic at full power and it stops the car dead.
TOMAS

6th Jan 04 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wooah What Altenator are you running . I too am running OVER 1KW of solid power with a 70A alt, 75Ah Varta diesel battery and split charged optima yellow top and it doesnt even touch the car, even when 135+dB test tones are played Something must be wrong...

[Edited on 06-01-2004 by TOMAS]

New Poll