corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Picking these up in the week but which builds?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Picking these up in the week but which builds?
Fear

User status: Offline
   4th Jan 04 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picking up a set of these in the week

But wondering which type of builds to do, the 6in in same area as standard speaker and then the 4in above it this would mean the build would cut into the doorcard!

Or put 6 in same place and 4in in a build in side od footwells!

Tweeter are going in the a pillars for better sound stage and so dont have to put these in, might try to incoporate the crossovers aswell somewhere, but where
TOMAS

4th Jan 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 6" woofer does not really have to point dirctly at the driver however the 4" mid and tweet should. From personal experience I wouldnt put the tweets high up in the sails or top of door as they are too in your face, especially as they are metal!

Personally i'd put the tweets in some custom kick pods aimed at the drivers head. It will sound shite with 4" mid the kicks as their is no room behind the kicks to encorporate such a driver.

Then factory-ish location for the 6" and run the 4" as close to it as possible. They are an amazing component set and for £500 they cost you'll only reap the rewards by building proper alligned, solid, sound-deaded cumstom door/kick builds... Cutting into the door card should be the LEAST of your worries...
Fear

4th Jan 04 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
The 6" woofer does not really have to point dirctly at the driver however the 4" mid and tweet should. From personal experience I wouldnt put the tweets high up in the sails or top of door as they are too in your face, especially as they are metal!

Personally i'd put the tweets in some custom kick pods aimed at the drivers head. It will sound shite with 4" mid the kicks as their is no room behind the kicks to encorporate such a driver.

Then factory-ish location for the 6" and run the 4" as close to it as possible. They are an amazing component set and for £500 they cost you'll only reap the rewards by building proper alligned, solid, sound-deaded cumstom door/kick builds... Cutting into the door card should be the LEAST of your worries...

I aint worried about cutting into the door card i was just wondering
They will be well built as im gonna do it the best i can and take my time

I know what you are saying about the tweets and thats what ui thought, but one of the guys who works in my local sextons has the same comps and has the tweets in the a pillars and it sounds amazing

I might ask them again when i pick them up, cant wait to get them going
TOMAS

4th Jan 04 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, cool. Well I think their is a -3db adjustment ability of the tweets on the crossovers. For SQ's sake i'd knock it down to -3db. They do make the stage VERY wide putting them in the A's but I just found they were too in your face and too overwhelming.
I'd play with them on long lines with bluetack sticking them to various places before you definatley set to work mounting the tweets and remember you want to try and get the speakers at equal lenghts left and right to the driver which is always impossible but im just hinting that putting them symetrical left and right, althought it may 'look' best it usually wont sound best...
Fear

5th Jan 04 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
Yeah, cool. Well I think their is a -3db adjustment ability of the tweets on the crossovers. For SQ's sake i'd knock it down to -3db. They do make the stage VERY wide putting them in the A's but I just found they were too in your face and too overwhelming.
I'd play with them on long lines with bluetack sticking them to various places before you definatley set to work mounting the tweets and remember you want to try and get the speakers at equal lenghts left and right to the driver which is always impossible but im just hinting that putting them symetrical left and right, althought it may 'look' best it usually wont sound best...

Yeh definatly gonna play about with it abit before i definatly mount the teets

When you say equal to the driver do you mean crossover
TOMAS

6th Jan 04 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I mean the mounting positions. Each side wants to be aimed at the driver but each side wants to be as close in length (drivers head to speaker) to the other side. I.e we always sit closer to the right door than the left, obviously but what im saying is you want to TRY and get the lengths equal. By mounting speakers at shoulder level your going to be waaay out (i.e right speaker is MUCH closer to your head than the left) but by mounting them lower down (in this case the tweets in the kick pannels) you can get a more equal length between left and right meaning all the sound hits you at the same time. Which, gives better SQ and stage
Kris TD

6th Jan 04 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make some like mine

http://groups.msn.com/krispringle/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=69
TOMAS

6th Jan 04 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice Kris but these are 3-way. MUCH more complicated
Kris TD

6th Jan 04 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i know, i was showing an idea, personally i would mount the 4" above the 6" would also blend the door bin and card together to make it one.
Fear

6th Jan 04 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got similar builds like that already

Im gonna mount the 4 in above the 6in and as for the tweets well im just gonna have to wait and see

New Poll