corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MK meet today (Pics)

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MK meet today (Pics)
Paul_J

User status: Offline
4th Jan 04 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
i enjoyed being part of a short race where a 71 bhp car wasted the others

erm, I believe its more likely to be 80-82 bhp now I've fixed it

Brrm brmm - now absolutely flies after 4.5k rpm - I was sitting on the m1 for ages doing 45 mph in the slow name waiting for you lot to catch up

Just think, if there had been no traffic in MK at all, I could of taken all the roundabouts at stupid speed and got home before some of you got to the M1

ah, you guys will be laughing soon though - Snowy with his 2.0 16v, Jr was his 136bhp 1.4 - mistdotcom still with his 1.2 8v I'll still give you all a go though - as you have to only look back a couple of weeks ago when I beat snowy + his mate in their 2.0 16v Astra on that same stretch of road

The thing is, as soon as the traffic is removed, the roundabouts in MK are merely fast chicanes

Paul J
jr

4th Jan 04 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by jr
i enjoyed being part of a short race where a 71 bhp car wasted the others

erm, I believe its more likely to be 80-82 bhp now I've fixed it

Brrm brmm - now absolutely flies after 4.5k rpm - I was sitting on the m1 for ages doing 45 mph in the slow name waiting for you lot to catch up

Just think, if there had been no traffic in MK at all, I could of taken all the roundabouts at stupid speed and got home before some of you got to the M1

ah, you guys will be laughing soon though - Snowy with his 2.0 16v, Jr was his 136bhp 1.4 - mistdotcom still with his 1.2 8v I'll still give you all a go though - as you have to only look back a couple of weeks ago when I beat snowy + his mate in their 2.0 16v Astra on that same stretch of road

The thing is, as soon as the traffic is removed, the roundabouts in MK are merely fast chicanes

Paul J

i belive i would have out handled you
jr

4th Jan 04 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but you having possibly twice as much bhp would have deide things on the stright
M Sutton

4th Jan 04 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i take it you like MK for a driving experience..
jr

4th Jan 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M Sutton
i take it you like MK for a driving experience..

it fun, in (joe) sxi16vjoe would have been in his element
Paul_J

4th Jan 04 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah yes jr, but as proven by the tasty 2.0 16v Astra - it doesn't matter what its packing, it's all about whether they have the balls to just keep the foot planted and treat those roundabouts as chicanes

I never found out the result of the race?

1st place - Me obviously...

who came 2nd, 3rd and last

I saw MJ first on the motorway, who got to the M1 out of you three first? would of been good to watch as your lighter car should have had the upper hand, plus the handling and that.
jr

4th Jan 04 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

m1 was to busy to test properly, i agree though about who's got the bottle to keep the foot planted though
broster
Premium Member

4th Jan 04 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell u what with the bfo exhaust on compared to my old scorpion grp a system its made a well noticable difference in mid range power, id recomend one to any1! also they sound and look good!
jr

4th Jan 04 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
tell u what with the bfo exhaust on compared to my old scorpion grp a system its made a well noticable difference in mid range power, id recomend one to any1! also they sound and look good!

you happy with the quality of it

[Edited on 04-01-2004 by jr]
Paul_J

4th Jan 04 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no - who was the first to get to the m1, i.e. we came out of hockey stadium, I booted it away - who was following 'close' ( yeh right) behind?

but yeh m1 was far too crowded. The thing is - my car's great 0-70mph, but after that its crap. So motorway's its rubbish.

Basically it has a close ratio gear box on it, but 5th gear is a very deep gear - so as soon as its in 5th, it struggles to turn it very well and 4th at like 90ish mph is at 6000 Rpm

I find it best to not even bother that much with 1st gear, 2nd gear - blip throttle with clutch and plant it - hit about 50mph change to 3rd, take it to around 70 into 4th.

I've used so much fuel today - the power is all in the top end of the rev range so I've been keeping the revs at like 4000rpm constantly surely thats the equivalent of a 2.4 litre cruising at 2000 rpm?
broster
Premium Member

4th Jan 04 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

yeah quality is second to none, very well made system, fits like a standard system, so much better than the scorpion fitment! they are made by a good company tho
jr

4th Jan 04 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no - who was the first to get to the m1, i.e. we came out of hockey stadium, I booted it away - who was following 'close' ( yeh right) behind?

but yeh m1 was far too crowded. The thing is - my car's great 0-70mph, but after that its crap. So motorway's its rubbish.

Basically it has a close ratio gear box on it, but 5th gear is a very deep gear - so as soon as its in 5th, it struggles to turn it very well and 4th at like 90ish mph is at 6000 Rpm

I find it best to not even bother that much with 1st gear, 2nd gear - blip throttle with clutch and plant it - hit about 50mph change to 3rd, take it to around 70 into 4th.

I've used so much fuel today - the power is all in the top end of the rev range so I've been keeping the revs at like 4000rpm constantly surely thats the equivalent of a 2.4 litre cruising at 2000 rpm?

i got caught up on the roundabouts

so i think it was

paul
mist
snowy
me
broster
Premium Member

4th Jan 04 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

not necessarly, they have different gear boxes etc and the ecu will be set up to use prob the same amount of fuel as u use at 2000rpm etc. there are alot of things to take into account
jr

4th Jan 04 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:
Originally posted by jr

yeah quality is second to none, very well made system, fits like a standard system, so much better than the scorpion fitment! they are made by a good company tho

in that case i will be purchasing one
Paul_J

4th Jan 04 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah yes - of course.
jr

4th Jan 04 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

notice new sig in honor of today
Leo

4th Jan 04 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My little collection...

M Sutton

4th Jan 04 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i noticed your new jig, quality, made me laugh
M Sutton

4th Jan 04 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good pics Leo
Leo

4th Jan 04 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This one had to be done...
M Sutton

4th Jan 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scared the crap out of me....
jr

me to
Leo

Did i even talk to you.. i dont know what you look like
broster
Premium Member

4th Jan 04 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

in that case i will be purchasing one

well worth it if u ask me mate, good prce too, i love it, sounds great aswell, not loud but sounds......dunno how to put it! lol! gunna get it on the rollers next week and see the diff it has over my scorpion grp a system. same rollers to keep consistancy
Leo

4th Jan 04 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont forget Tracey and her balloon...

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MK meet today (Pics) 22 database queries in 0.0173008 seconds