corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help plz

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help plz
mashup

User status: Offline
4th Jan 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi!
i wana get a sub n amp for my corsa c! dnt wana spend 2 much as im not looking for huge bass!!
there soo many amps n subs on the market!! which one shud i go for?
T.CorsaSRI

4th Jan 04 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats your budget?
mashup

4th Jan 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i was thinkin about 100 quid!! is that 2 low?
Dom

4th Jan 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol yea mate is just abit Your not gonna get anything for much lower than 200 quid For 200 quid you get yaself the rockford package thats available from most ICE websites and that includes - 1x12" rocky sub, amp and wiring kit to connect it all up and it all pushes out about 200wRMS which should be plenty if your just after abit of a kick to your tunes
mashup

4th Jan 04 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thnx mate!! wot abt the bass tubes or vibe active subs?? are they good enuff?
is it a waste of time to look at ebay?
Dom

4th Jan 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bass tubes stay away from, there shite. Vibe stuff....hmmm, personally i wouldnt touch it with a barge poll, but some say their stuff is alright (not good mind you). But i would stick with the rocky package mate
And ebay, yea you can pick up some bargins, but your still gonna be strapped to get something of decent quality for under 200 quid. Aleast with the rocky package, its new and everything fits with each nicely and you dont have to piss about getting the right box for the sub and right amp for the sub and visa versa etc

Hope this helps mate
corsa-sxi

4th Jan 04 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey visible, im thinking of the alpine m300 amp with 12" type r sub, inc box and wires, but for same money i can get

2 200rms rocky 10" HE subs (4410) and a 301M amp with double box and wires, which 1 shall i go for? looking at it, the amp pushes 300rms, where the subs are 200rms each=400
Dom

4th Jan 04 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 2x10" rocky package, it will sound tighter than a 12" and will push more air than the single 12", so in theory it should be louder. But since you will only be pushing 300wRMS into them then it might not be as loud, if you get me. I was thinking you could wire them up to show a 2ohm load to see if you could get more power outta the thing, but just looking up the amp, its 300wRMS @ 2ohms

However, you in the same situation with the alpines too. The sub wants 300wRMS as the m300 pushes that out at 2ohms, but at 14.4 volts - so bigger battery/alternator or maybe a split charge system to keep it at that voltage. However, its 200wRMS @ 2 ohms with 12volts.

Personally i would go with the alpines, but see if your local ICE shop has them in and have a listen to them both
corsa-sxi

4th Jan 04 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i live in hull, our only ice shops is RAM or Halfords ahahaha. i asked austin, he said if the car is in good ncik then the batt will push out 14.4v i dunno which 1 to buy, both same price, are both as good?
Dom

4th Jan 04 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate, i would still get upgrade your battery and it will help to sort out any dipping headlights I think austin got himself a 1.9d battery, think it cost him around 50 odd quid, but that will hope loads

As for subs/amps, i cant say which one is gonna be better than the other, size i havnt heard the exact setups in question etc However, ive heard the type-r in action at its a mint sub, however a different amp was pushing the juice to it. But personally, i think your gonna get problems with getting 300wRMS from that apline amp.
As for the rockys, again good subs, havnt heard the ones in question mate so cant say anything about them, but the gear is good.. But again, your gonna have problems with the power.
If your budget stretches further, see if you can get other amps mate it will help to get the most outta system
corsa-sxi

4th Jan 04 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what happens if i dont get the 300rms that the sub needs?
Dom

4th Jan 04 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it wont be as loud, thats basically it mate it wont go bang or anything mate, it just wont be as loud. Personally i would look at getting a 400wRMS amp and turn down the gains, because you will find even a 300wRMS amp wont push out 300wRMS, it will be more like 250wRMS etc, which may be down wiring, battery voltage etc etc
At the end of the day though mate, its what ya want out of the system

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help plz 23 database queries in 0.0094690 seconds