corsasport.co.uk
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » before i take the dash out!!!!!

Combe Tickets


New Topic

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.


Author before i take the dash out!!!!!
trigger123
Member

Registered: 19th Dec 03
Location: chesterfield
User status: Offline
   30th Dec 03 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a corsa gsi 93 and my abs doesnt work!!

there is no light coming on or anything
i have checked the unit in the kick panel and its plugged in ok
i have checked fuse thats ok
i have checked the abs block under bonnet and its all connected
so im assuming its the bulb thats gone in dash and i was told that stops abs working if bulb has gone is this true and is there anything else for me to try before ripping clocks out? cheers
Greasemonkey
Member

Registered: 17th Apr 02
Location: Drives a Tractor
User status: Offline
30th Dec 03 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drive the car down a quiet road and slam on the anchors if ya hear a metalic sound and feel the brake pedal pumping then your abs works, i wont take any blame if ya end up in a ditch
LOL
Check the bulb though it should illuminate when you turn on the ignition then go out after a couple of seconds
trigger123
Member

Registered: 19th Dec 03
Location: chesterfield
User status: Offline
30th Dec 03 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
Drive the car down a quiet road and slam on the anchors if ya hear a metalic sound and feel the brake pedal pumping then your abs works, i wont take any blame if ya end up in a ditch
LOL
Check the bulb though it should illuminate when you turn on the ignition then go out after a couple of seconds


HELLO AGAIN

THE ABS DOESNT WORK AS I HAVE ALLREADY ANCORED UP AND ALL WHEELS LOCK UP AND THE ABS LIGHT HAS NEVER COME ON SINCE I BOUGHT THE CAR?


CHEERS AGAIN
Greasemonkey
Member

Registered: 17th Apr 02
Location: Drives a Tractor
User status: Offline
30th Dec 03 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh thats not good, i wouldnt have thought the buld will have any thing to do with it, does ya ECU light come on during the ingnition sequence cos if it dont the ECU should log a fault with the ABS and come on, do the paper clip test and read off the code, got to www.topbuzz.co.uk and look at the bit that shows how to read fualt codes it works, i got a code read at Vauxhall on there tech 2 machine then read it myself using the paper clip method and got the same code
lee gsi
Member

Registered: 21st Jun 02
Location: Portsmouth (Way down South)
User status: Offline
30th Dec 03 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The abs light should come on when the ign is turned on.

If it doesnt either the bulb has blown or the previous owner knew the abs didnt work and took the bulb out.
trigger123
Member

Registered: 19th Dec 03
Location: chesterfield
User status: Offline
30th Dec 03 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
oh thats not good, i wouldnt have thought the buld will have any thing to do with it, does ya ECU light come on during the ingnition sequence cos if it dont the ECU should log a fault with the ABS and come on, do the paper clip test and read off the code, got to www.topbuzz.co.uk and look at the bit that shows how to read fualt codes it works, i got a code read at Vauxhall on there tech 2 machine then read it myself using the paper clip method and got the same code


there is no light come on when ignition is switched on so i dont think it would log a code as the light wont be able to flash for the codes to come up
trigger123
Member

Registered: 19th Dec 03
Location: chesterfield
User status: Offline
30th Dec 03 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee gsi
The abs light should come on when the ign is turned on.

If it doesnt either the bulb has blown or the previous owner knew the abs didnt work and took the bulb out.



looks like dash is coming out then aaarrrgghhh
maybee i should fit some white dials while im there
Greasemonkey
Member

Registered: 17th Apr 02
Location: Drives a Tractor
User status: Offline
30th Dec 03 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would get some blue LEDs off cobra148 while your at it they look mint i got some, so looks like the previous owner removed the ABS and ECU warning light replace these and i bet you yet a load of flashing lights on ya dash LOL
trigger123
Member

Registered: 19th Dec 03
Location: chesterfield
User status: Offline
30th Dec 03 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
i would get some blue LEDs off cobra148 while your at it they look mint i got some, so looks like the previous owner removed the ABS and ECU warning light replace these and i bet you yet a load of flashing lights on ya dash LOL



i will keep an eye out for him coming on
and as for the abs i hope it does flash at least im getting some where

i might get blue clocks but it should still look ok with blue leds too
Greasemonkey
Member

Registered: 17th Apr 02
Location: Drives a Tractor
User status: Offline
31st Dec 03 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the problem with blue leds and blue clocks is they might not show up, ask cobra148 he knows best, what colour work best, cos ya cover the original dials you need a more powerful light for it to shine through!!!!!, the ABS light wont flash but it should stay on same with the ECU light
trigger123
Member

Registered: 19th Dec 03
Location: chesterfield
User status: Offline
31st Dec 03 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
the problem with blue leds and blue clocks is they might not show up, ask cobra148 he knows best, what colour work best, cos ya cover the original dials you need a more powerful light for it to shine through!!!!!, the ABS light wont flash but it should stay on same with the ECU light


i will do another post when i get round to taking dash out and let ya know whether bulbs gone or not
i might as well wait for my new bulbs to come first
Greasemonkey
Member

Registered: 17th Apr 02
Location: Drives a Tractor
User status: Offline
31st Dec 03 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats a good point better to dort the problem first, the LED's are plug and play that go into the dash so no modifing is needed they come in the osram holders and screw straingt in
trigger123
Member

Registered: 19th Dec 03
Location: chesterfield
User status: Offline
31st Dec 03 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
yeah thats a good point better to dort the problem first, the LED's are plug and play that go into the dash so no modifing is needed they come in the osram holders and screw straingt in


nice i didnt think they came with osram holder i thought it was just the bulb

bonus
cobra148
Member

Registered: 27th Oct 01
Location: Here in front of my monitor.....
User status: Offline
31st Dec 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to confirm, blue leds will work with coloured dials so long as they have white, clear or opaque numbers on them. Some white dials use orange numbers, this acts as a filter and blue light won't pass through orange.
These are my old blue dials...


And this is how they looked in the dark....
Chris R
Member

Registered: 8th Nov 03
Location: brisbane, australia
User status: Offline
1st Jan 04 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cobra148,
sortof ot but what does that dash come out of? ( I know its a corsa B but which one) what are they worth (used pref) and do you have a part number for it?
cobra148
Member

Registered: 27th Oct 01
Location: Here in front of my monitor.....
User status: Offline
1st Jan 04 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its out of my '98 Sport, they are black as standard but these have Lockwood blue dials fitted.
Mine may be up for grabs as I have a digital dash now, although I don't know what post costs would be.
A second hand set would probably be about 25-30. Try this place, my bro in law owns it and they ship worldwide.
http://www.bhsalvage.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm
Chris R
Member

Registered: 8th Nov 03
Location: brisbane, australia
User status: Offline
8th Jan 04 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for that. you have U2U
Chris R
Member

Registered: 8th Nov 03
Location: brisbane, australia
User status: Offline
8th Jan 04 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the odometer calibrated in?
miles?

 
New Topic

New Poll

  Related Threads Author Forum Replies Views Last Post
Door build Stage 1 1/2 lol pics Claire Richardson General Chat 26 1705
20th Feb 03 at 23:07
by Jill
 
Custom coloured digital dash...... cobra148 Classifieds 14 2063
26th Feb 03 at 10:25
by cobra148
 
Cheap chrome heater knobs...one set only. cobra148 Classifieds 22 1295
10th Jun 03 at 17:46
by robbie_uk55
 
where do i locate my screen? M2RTY General Chat 7 1003
11th Jul 03 at 14:08
by Tam the diesel man
 
Digi Dash neiliosxi Wanted 16 1272
22nd Feb 06 at 19:09
by cobra148
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » before i take the dash out!!!!! 27 database queries in 0.0197170 seconds