corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rear disc coversion???

Poll: Rear disc coversion???
  Rear discs..
  grooved drums.
  standard....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear disc coversion???
Daimo B

User status: Offline
31st Dec 03 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the whole beam so i was ok

U need the hubs, backing plates, calipers, discs.
Re-drill the backing plates on the corsa rear beam to match them up (we foudn 2 fit and 2 needed drilling).

Welded over the original holes to maintain the strength.

Rubbed down, put all the new kit on, attach rear beam back to car, sorted

Drums

New holes

REar discs (little rust, not anymore).

Marc

31st Dec 03 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that a standard rear suspension set up?
Daimo B

31st Dec 03 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lowered springs.
Marc

31st Dec 03 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naughty boy
Daimo B

31st Dec 03 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really, it runs fine, Lee Mitchell had the same setup as me for ages. I've had mine on for 9-10 months with no problems at all.

Just dont drive fast round corners Still, done alright at Trax this year
Marc

31st Dec 03 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sport was the best handling car ever! till you saw a speed bump!!!
vibrio
Banned

31st Dec 03 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so it actually costs more than £20 then.

Daimo B

31st Dec 03 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio

Stop trying to be picky. It depends what you can parts for. IF your a novice with no clue, no, it'll be morelike £40-£50 odd. If you know where to get parts for cheap, then it can cost you nothing at all. Now stop going on and go find another post to nitpick over.

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by Daimo B]
vibrio
Banned

31st Dec 03 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
quote:

Stop trying to be picky. It depends what you can parts for. IF your a novice with no clue, no, it'll be morelike £40-£50 odd. If you know where to get parts for cheap, then it can cost you nothing at all. Now stop going on and go find another post to nitpick over.

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by Daimo B]

you said it costs £20 when in fact it does not cost £20. another case of Daimo talking through his arse
Daimo B

31st Dec 03 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

you said it costs £20 when in fact it does not cost £20. another case of Daimo talking through his arse

Another case of you getting involved in something that has nothing to do with you. Talking out my arse? Well, u talk sh1t all the time, just like u again in this post.

And if you wanna get picky you stupid old sod, i can cost nothing at all. As i say, mine cost me £8 So under £20.

Acting like the class A 100% muppet you are
AK

31st Dec 03 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm using rear drums.... my braking is fine.

ish

Rear gets very light and is very easy to induce a bit of arse out to get you round a corner in a funky manner
vibrio
Banned

31st Dec 03 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
i'm using rear drums.... my braking is fine.

ish

Rear gets very light and is very easy to induce a bit of arse out to get you round a corner in a funky manner

you've never adjusted your brake balance. Andy's car was fine
vibrio
Banned

31st Dec 03 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Another case of you getting involved in something that has nothing to do with you. Talking out my arse? Well, u talk sh1t all the time, just like u again in this post.

And if you wanna get picky you stupid old sod, i can cost nothing at all. As i say, mine cost me £8 So under £20.

Acting like the class A 100% muppet you are

PMSL @ gettign involved with something that has nothing to do with you. it's a fucking poll you dipshit

Sam
Premium Member

31st Dec 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL!
Daimo B

31st Dec 03 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

PMSL @ gettign involved with something that has nothing to do with you. it's a fucking poll you dipshit

My comment was aimed at you going on saying it only costs £20.

Have you had a corsa with Rear Discs? Have you driven a corsa with rear discs before they were fitted? What opinion can you give without even owning a corsa and knowing the full effect of what adding a rear disc conversion can do?

Hence my comment, because you can't, your just going on what you think you know.
Marc

31st Dec 03 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he has owned a corsa.
vibrio
Banned

31st Dec 03 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Have you had a corsa with Rear Discs? Have you driven a corsa with rear discs before they were fitted? What opinion can you give without even owning a corsa and knowing the full effect of what adding a rear disc conversion can do?

Hence my comment, because you can't, your just going on what you think you know.

no your comment was written because you know I am right and that was the same thing you always put down when I am right.

yes I have never driven a corsa with rear discs. not many people have but when the car is as light as the corsa large front discs can cope with extra power fine.
Daimo B

31st Dec 03 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With rear discs?

Oh you mean the standard sh1t thing Yeah, great basis for an opinion
Daimo B

31st Dec 03 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

no your comment was written because you know I am right and that was the same thing you always put down when I am right.

yes I have never driven a corsa with rear discs. not many people have but when the car is as light as the corsa large front discs can cope with extra power fine.

Vibrio, you always think your right and lots of the time you are wrong. At least when im wrong i admit it. You make a song and dance about it and think im always wrong when im quite clearly not.

Whos corsa have you driven with rear discs then?

Large front brakes are not good if the rear end is a bit skittish showing that too much braking power is up front. Why do race cars have rear discs? Why do clios have rear discs? Why do saxos have rear discs? It balances the car better under braking.

Of course, having drums and moving to discs gives me no thoughts and ideas on this subject at all
vibrio
Banned

31st Dec 03 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Vibrio, you always think your right and lots of the time you are wrong. At least when im wrong i admit it. You make a song and dance about it and think im always wrong when im quite clearly not.

Whos corsa have you driven with rear discs then?

Large front brakes are not good if the rear end is a bit skittish showing that too much braking power is up front. Why do race cars have rear discs? Why do clios have rear discs? Why do saxos have rear discs? It balances the car better under braking.

Of course, having drums and moving to discs gives me no thoughts and ideas on this subject at all

I can see why you talk shite most of the time. it's because you cannot read. please ntoe I clearly stated I have never driven a corsa with rear discs in the post that you quote above. I put it in bold just incase you miss it a second time.
Sam
Premium Member

31st Dec 03 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I put it in bold just incase you miss it a second time.

Daimo B

31st Dec 03 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I can see why you talk shite most of the time. it's because you cannot read. please ntoe I clearly stated I have never driven a corsa with rear discs in the post that you quote above. I put it in bold just incase you miss it a second time.

Ok so i mis read it (again, showing i dont care when im wrong, again showing how you make a song and dance about it )

So, you've never driven one, dont know what its like, hence what your saying is all about what you think and not about what it actaully does, or drives like

And you say im full of shit Yes, the facts i say that i've researched and picked up over the last 4 years regarding vauxhalls and corsas is all BS, because you say so

You really are too involved with me you weirdo
Daimo B

31st Dec 03 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
I put it in bold just incase you miss it a second time.

Ahh yes, the hanger on How you doing Ogra?
vibrio
Banned

31st Dec 03 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Ok so i mis read it (again, showing i dont care when im wrong, again showing how you make a song and dance about it )

So, you've never driven one, dont know what its like, hence what your saying is all about what you think and not about what it actaully does, or drives like

And you say im full of shit Yes, the facts i say that i've researched and picked up over the last 4 years regarding vauxhalls and corsas is all BS, because you say so

You really are too involved with me you weirdo

facts like 1.2 8v SXi's

just face facts daimo I am right and you are wrong
Daimo B

31st Dec 03 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yes, the car you haven't seen so an't be true.

Even though about 4-5 other CS users have seen the same models

But of course, your right as always lmfao.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rear disc coversion??? 22 database queries in 0.1088991 seconds