corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » if you were

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author if you were
Marc D

User status: Offline
26th Dec 03 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the PM of england what would you do about road laws?

i would remove speed limits and have safe speeds such as 60 on a single caridgeway, 80 on dual caridgeway, 30 to 40 on normal streets and 30 in built up areas but these aint limits just speeds that are recommeneded to be safe. no speed bumps. get rid of the green light like in the simpsons, get the police to focus on crime and pikeys not just road users, sort out the parking system, make people re-take their test every 10 years if they have been driving for more than 5 years (that would fuck up a load of people ) and re-surface the roads in really decent tarmac thats grippy and smooth.
J da Silva

26th Dec 03 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u'd be a shit PM,think of the chaos lifting the limits will cause
Redcorsa69

26th Dec 03 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Marc D. There is too much emphasis on speed being dangerous in this country, if they focused on bad driving instead we would be better off. Those suggestions seem spot on to me mate!!
Cybermonkey

26th Dec 03 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc D
the PM of england what would you do about road laws?

i would remove speed limits and have safe speeds such as 60 on a single caridgeway, 80 on dual caridgeway, 30 to 40 on normal streets and 30 in built up areas but these aint limits just speeds that are recommeneded to be safe. no speed bumps. get rid of the green light like in the simpsons, get the police to focus on crime and pikeys not just road users, sort out the parking system, make people re-take their test every 10 years if they have been driving for more than 5 years (that would fuck up a load of people ) and re-surface the roads in really decent tarmac thats grippy and smooth.

Yeah and watch a twat like you crash head on with an MPV with a loving family inside and kill them all
Marc D

26th Dec 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf
Redcorsa69

26th Dec 03 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24

Yeah and watch a twat like you crash head on with an MPV with a loving family inside and kill them all

harsh! he is probably a good driver! I class myself as a good driver, I am more aware than most and the bad drivers aren't the ones that speed when its safe to, they are the ones that have no idea what is going on around them, pull out on people, use the wrong lanes, etc.
Marc D

26th Dec 03 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont drive yet lol
Dom

26th Dec 03 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree as well marc mate However, i dont think getting rid of the speed limits in total would be a good idea, but i do agree with the fact that the government focuses too much on the "speeding kills" bullshit and to behonest yea it does kill, but i bet 95% of the time its because the driver cant drive. And i would also agree to the 10 year retake driving test, although maybe when a person gets above a certain age, lets say 60, they have to retake it every 5 years or something
Also, they should get rid of speed camera's. Its been proven that they dont stop speeding and everyone knows it, you slow down when you come to one and speed up after it. If they had sensible speed limits in the first place, then they would have that problems. And also with drivers retaking there test every 10years, it would improve the quality of drivers on the road...so none of this "Worst Driver" shite you get on channel 5

Also, totally different, but i think the UK should adopt health insurance, like they have in the states. Would solve shite load of problems with the NHS and improve health services overall. Also, the government should stop wasting money on decorating there little pads i remember reading in a paper, about a year ago, that one of the MP's was spending 100 odd grand on decorating his office what the hell for?!
Redcorsa69

26th Dec 03 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc D
i dont drive yet lol

lol! maybe we should keep the speed limits for a bit then until u get used to driving but you'll soon see what im on about, i dont fear fast drivers because they're generally more aware (in the right places of course!!) I fear idiots that hog the middle lane of the motorway, people who pull out on you then do 20mph, people who don't signal, and people that drive round islands using both lanes and ploughin you into the kerb nearly!!
Marc D

26th Dec 03 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know exactly what you mean. i go practically everywere with adam-d in his corsa and everyone of them has happened except the curb, we nearly crashed into the stupid bitch in the clio
PaulW

26th Dec 03 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd try take down duty on petrol if pos, raise tax & duty of cigarettes (will piss some people off but there BAD FOR YOU!!!)
road tax stay same, but will make sure that the money from it actually goes INTO improving the roads.
reduce amount of speed camera's & abololish that speed safety initiative shite where local councils & poilice forces can just hide cameras. Speed cameras will still remain in accident hot spots, but will be highly visible.
Toughen sentencing on pikeys & twocers, people driving with no insurance or liscence will recieve harder penalty's.
make insurance companies more competitive, so trying to reduce premiums.
also not let people with less than 3 years driving experience own cars which are higher than group 10 insurance, or above 1500cc (similiar to where you have to be over 21 to ride higher cc bikes), so to try reduce the amount of boy racers who speed & cause accidents (again probably an unpopular one, but fair i think)
oh and if anyone famous is caught speeding or breaking the law or something, they always get let off lighter at the moment, well they will be treated the same as everybody else, no exceptions.

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by PaulW]
Marc D

26th Dec 03 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly what this world needs
Ally

26th Dec 03 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would bring the death penalty back.
Dom

26th Dec 03 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ally
I would bring the death penalty back.

HERE HERE !!
It would soon stop those fooking pikeys
PaulW

26th Dec 03 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuk that single currency off too & keep the pound!

& alkso brussels can stick there regulations & laws up there own arse, they won't apply for over here
nik

26th Dec 03 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
I'd try take down duty on petrol if pos, raise tax & duty of cigarettes (will piss some people off but there BAD FOR YOU!!!)
road tax stay same, but will make sure that the money from it actually goes INTO improving the roads.
reduce amount of speed camera's & abololish that speed safety initiative shite where local councils & poilice forces can just hide cameras. Speed cameras will still remain in accident hot spots, but will be highly visible.
Toughen sentencing on pikeys & twocers, people driving with no insurance or liscence will recieve harder penalty's.
also not let people with less than 3 years driving experience own cars which are higher than group 10 insurance, or above 1500cc (similiar to where you have to be over 21 to ride higher cc bikes), so to try reduce the amount of boy racers who speed & cause accidents (again probably an unpopular one, but fair i think)
oh and if anyone famous is caught speeding or breaking the law or something, they always get let off lighter at the moment, well they will be treated the same as everybody else, no exceptions.

Agree with most of that I'd raise national speed limit to 80 but clamp down hard after 80. Cameras should be clear and in accident hotspots NOT hidden etc. The insurance group/engine size is a good idea, how many little neds are there driving like prats in 205 GTi's etc? And I'd bump the tax on fags etc RIGHT up as Paul said it's bad for you, driving isn't
jaffa

26th Dec 03 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » if you were 22 database queries in 0.0129359 seconds